Recent content by David M

1. D

Stubborn notification refuses to be blocked?

Yes, from US Not sure if DNS filtering is active but see below. Isn't is active by default?
  2. D

It said invalid rule. Add another @ at the beginning? Edit: ...Added it. No errors but annoyance is still in place. Am I supposed to reboot the computer for each change I make to the rules or any AG setting?
  3. D

Sorry for the late response as I thought AG would inform my email. Anyways, I hadn't enabled the annoyances filter but have enabled all 4 filters now and it doesn't seem to help, unfortunately. The annoying notification still pops up. It can be eliminated by giving in to its demands of...
  4. D

Adguard seems to have trouble blocking the notification from foxnews.com as shown below. It takes a few seconds for it to appear. I have both Adguard web and Adguard for windows installed.
  5. D

[Windows App] Adguard will not allow news videos to play

I don't understand what the above is saying since I'm not a Linux/software person. Isn't there a tool to extract all this information automatically from my windows system? Anyways, I have both AG for windows service running along with the Browser extension for chrome enabled. All are in their...
  6. D

[Windows App] Adguard will not allow news videos to play

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6175211932001#sp=show-clips An example news video shown above will not play unless AG is disabled. In fact, any video on video.foxnews.com and foxnews.com refuses to play unless AG is disabled. How can I resolve this issue?
  7. D

Videos will not play unless AG is turned off ...

No, they don't play. Has anyone been able to briefly log on the site and have their auto videos start playing successfully? I'm running 6.2 Beta
  8. D

Standard or default filters. Nothing unique or extra except stuff in my user filter.
  9. D

None given ... just a blank black box.
  10. D

Hi: I can't seem to play videos from this site http://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberark-boundhook-rootkit-intel-processors,35715.html or http://www.tomshardware.com in general unless I turn of Adguard filtering. Happens for MS Edge, Firefox and Chrome browsers. How can I fix this? Thanks, David
  11. D

Problem with CNN videos and AG with Chrome

Hi all ... PROBLEM IS SOLVED! Google or Chrome browser blocks 3rd party cookies by default, it seems. I enabled them and now all is good.
  12. D

Problem with CNN videos and AG with Chrome

Yes, Adguard symbol shows on the page, if that's what you mean by assistant. Disabled Adguard service, Chrome web plugin and all filters and filtering in Adguard settings panel. No dice, still can't play these videos in chrome. Maybe the problem is not with Adguard after all, since videos play...