Recent content by georgysavva

1. G

DNS filtering on device

It's true that DNS filters are used on AdGuard DNS servers. But they are also used on device in all AdGuard products (iOS app, macOS app, Safari/Chrome browser extensions) as I described. Please see those AdGuard articles for confirmation...
  2. G

DNS filtering on device

Hi. I know that Adguard can block ad on device system-wide via this DNS filter: https://adguardteam.github.io/AdGuardSDNSFilter/Filters/filter.txt It works in all apps and extensions (iOS, Mac, Safari). As I understand Adguard basically matches the domain of any request with that list before...
  3. G

Does Adguard for Safari have malware protection

@a.bubnov Hi, and thanks for your response. I see, so the Malware & Phishing toggle is a different beast, okay! Nope. It's placed under Filters -> Other: Could you please explain how that DNS filter works exactly? It filters DNS queries on the device before they go to a DNS server? Does it...
  4. G

Hi, @a.bubnov. Thanks for a quick reply! I found that filter in Filters - > Others and it marked as #problematic (why?) in both Safari and Chrome browser extensions. So I don't think I need to use a custom filter to enable it. I am interested in the nature of that Malware & Phishing protection...
  5. G

Hi. I've used both Adguard for Chrome and Adguad for Safari browser extensions. They both have 3 filters in the Security category. But Adguard for Chrome also have that toggle Phishing and malware protection in General settings. I couldn't find anything like that in Adguard for Safari browser...