Recent content by Mike45

1. M

Eliminating the "welcome" screen

Well, it looks as if Adguard 5.10 has resolved the annoying issue of the recurring “Welcome/Configuration/Dialog” box appearing each time I boot up my PC! Thanks again for follow up on this matter from Boo and avatar!
  2. M

What about "wiping the slate clean?": Uninstall/Reinstall Adguard and see if that makes a difference. BTW, Adguard support hasn't got back to me yet, so maybe just sit tight?! As I've said previously, this is an irritating problem but not a huge one!
  3. M

OK, I think I've found it. I don't know how to post a screen shot of this, but what I see in the Adguard program data folder is, "init.dat DAT File 0KB" plus the date modified.
  4. M

"%programdata%\Adguard\init.dat". Next time you'll see it please check if this file exists or not. I have no idea where to look for this file that you mention in your message above! Another (and more straightforward) idea, is to completely uninstall Adguard from my PC, download and install a...
  5. M

I agree that this might be a bug. The Adguard dialog box is appearing again! 2 days ago, I configured completely. Yesterday after start up no sign of the dialog box, and I thought the problem was fixed. This morning after start up, it's back. I've reported this to Adguard support as well...
  6. M

I hope that this (minor) problem is resolved: I was convinced that I had configured Adguard previously, and on seeing the dialog box appear on previous start ups, clicked on "skip configuration." Yesterday following instructions from support, I booted up and followed the configuration process...
  7. M

OK, I think the dialog box that you've described above is what I've been calling the "welcome" screen. After that box appears, the next thing that happens (once I tap on "skip configuration") is I'm taken to the Adguard site which says thanks for using the product and so on. If indeed this is...
  8. M

I'm running Win 8.1, 64 bit together with Webroot SecureAnywhere plus Malwarebytes Premium. I'm finding that this window doesn't pop up each time I start up my PC: For example, this morning first thing after start up I get it; later this morning after downloading a Windows update file and...
  9. M

I've contacted Adguard support and they asked for a screenshot of this window that appears just after start up. I got that off to them, so we'll what they say and I'll report back. BTW, very pleased and impressed with Adguard's prompt reply to this issue!
  10. M

Hello All! I’ve recently purchased a lifetime license for Adguard and I’m very happy with this choice! During my trial period usage, I noted the “welcome” screen for Adguard and a subsequent transfer to the Adguard site just after booting up my PC. And fair enough, trial users should be...