Recent content by Purple Tentacle

1. P

AdGuard for Android - 3.2.140 Hotfix

So why wasn't that caught during internal testing or nightly flighting? Why was it so hard to reproduce? Is it not bypassed by default? Why would it bypass to a non-existing server and not system default, why would it "bypass to" anything? Shouldn't bypass mean "absolutely don't touch at all"...
  2. P

Yeah, that may have fixed it. Looking good so far, acting normal with DNS filter en- and disabled. What was the issue?
  3. P

As I sent it directly from inside the app, there's nothing to easily forward here. It was sent and received, your autoreply mailer assigned me a helpdesk ID. I'll PM that to you.
  4. P

Well, at least we now know that wasn't it, still broken. You have no idea how uncomfortable it is to give out that massive amount of private information each time something in AdGuard breaks. But you should have your logs now. Specific timestamps of the error happening: During the entire...
  5. P

No. Every Firewall setting is in its default state (everything is enabled/allowed by default). Almost every setting in AdGuard is pretty close to default, if anything I have chosen to disable AdGuard protection (bypass) entirely for many apps. This is not related to AdGuard's firewall...
  6. P

They have never tested these "hotfixes" beyond their own machines as far as I know. They have been lucky and haven't messed things up quite this badly in one of them in the past. What boggles my mind is why they don't take these reports seriously enough to pull the update.
  7. P

I don't understand why this update hasn't been pulled asap and is still rolling out. You guys have tons of credible reports that it breaks connectivity and you still keep rolling it out, leaving less tech savvy users with broken phones.
  8. P

Yes. System DNS, AdGuard DNS, any other custom DNS ... it doesn't matter. If the DNS Filter is enabled, all DNS lookups fail.
  9. P

Ok, something is seriously wrong with this release. I'm on a Mate 10 Pro with EMUI 9.1/Android 9.0 and I'm using AdGuard in VPN Filtering Mode. After upgrading all traffic grinds to a halt as long as AdGuard's DNS Filtering is enabled. DNS requests are simply completely broken. The only DNS...
  10. P

AdGuard for Windows 7.1.2817 Release

That's an explanation, but not much of a consolation.
  11. P

It has been 2.5 months and there has literally been zero development on the issue. No new information and no new builds in, well, months. The last build on the nightly channel is from the beginning of November. Is there any timeframe for the issue to be resolved? You've seen and experienced...
  12. P

Thanks and no pressure. I hope my log helps to get to the bottom of this. It looks like Youtube traffic isn't reliably filtered and the Youtube https certificate displayed in Chrome keeps flipping between AdGuard and Google all the time.
  13. P

@TheHasagi Again, I'm more than willing to help and demonstrate the issue via TeamViewer. Please, just get in contact with me.
  14. P

Sure, I was just able to reproduce the issue again. It just happens to be 1am here.
  15. P

I don't know; I don't believe so. I still believe that the current solution to EV notifications is simply utterly terrible and anti-user UI: The notifications are mandatory, constant and annoying to the point where the user simply zones them out. And they come at the wrong time as well, by the...