Recent content by realkane

1. realkane

Can not update filters. Receiving an error...

I finally just reinstalled Windows; keeping my files, deleted my apps and now the latest Nightly build 37 is working with no problems. I also changed my AV from Kaspersky to Norton after a support team member gave me a heads up that Kaspersky has had a history of problems with AdGuard and are...
  2. realkane

Update: reinstalled Adguard for Windows 7.6 RC 2 after uninstalling and deleting my settings and soon as I finished installing it found a program update and was able to update to the latest version. However, as I selected my filters and tried to install filters I received this Error message...
  3. realkane

Anybody have any more information or anything I could try to fix my updates?
  4. realkane

I just read a thread where someone else was having a similar problem with updating filters and program updates and though he had No Antivirus; I thought I should include this info. I’ve tried turning off my Kaspersky firewall, then network protection, uninstalled Kaspersky browser extensions...
  5. realkane

Hey, thanks for your reply Boo Berry! And I think I found my HOST FILE after doing some googling. But all I see under the example is 2 lines under the sentence localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself. # 127.0.0.1 localhost # ::1 localhost nothing that says Adguard when...
  6. realkane

Hi everyone, The filters are not updating in my Adguard for Windows Nightly. I am getting an update error. Could anyone please help? The problem started soon as I updated 2 days ago to 7.6 Nightly 32. Before that everything was working fine for months and I haven’t changed any settings. I...
  7. realkane

I've noticed more and more websites notice I'm using an Adblocker

Wow! You guys really are amazing! With Manyvids I didn't actually encounter a problem till I tried paying for some videos. It was my first time using ManyVids and they "flagged" my account because they "detected" adblocking software. I contacted support there and they figured out what happened...
  8. realkane

Okay! And Thank You for taking a look at my concerns I sure do appreciate it. I honestly have a routine where I make sure I update all my filters on the Adguard for Windows app as the first thing I do before I open any web-browser; usually after running CCleaner (to make sure I start out with a...
  9. realkane

I remember back in the days using "Reeks anti adblocker" filter and hardly ever being informed that I was using adblocking software but it seems lately that almost all my favorite sites refuse to cooperate with or function with Adguard enabled on their page. I have my Stealth settings...
  10. realkane

AdGuard Assistant extension for Firefox doesn't detect AdGuard app

Awwww finally working again for me in FF after having it disabled. Just updated to Nightly 11 and so far it's been smooth sailing! But I do have a question, is it okay to run the Beta Standalone Browser Extension for FF along with the Beta Browser Assistant for FF? I've done so for the last...
  11. realkane

AG Assistant: Browser extension vs Legacy method

Thank you, Boo Berry!!! I really appreciate your taking the time to further explain the differences so I could get a better understanding of why the Browser Assitant is the way to go. For about a week I used only the Browser Assitant and disabled my Chrome and Mozilla Browser extensions; then...
  12. realkane

AG Assistant: Browser extension vs Legacy method

Let me start by saying like most everybody else here that I absolutely love everything Adguard. I trust in everything you guys put out as my first line of defense. More so than my Kaspersky AV, my Zone Alarm Firewall, my Torguard VPN... Adguard just works for me, and it's compatible with...
  13. realkane

Hoping to become a Beta Tester for Adguard Windows... ;)

Hoping to become a Beta Tester for Adguard Windows... ;)