Recent content by tox1c90

1. T

Youtube HD userscript not working anymore

Hi! I was always using the following "Youtube HD" userscript to automatically set video player resolution: https://greasyfork.org/de/scripts/23661-youtube-hd For any reason, it stopped working when loaded via Adguard. The userscript was not changed since February. Only change is that I...
  2. T

Adguard VPN extension

Hi! I have a question regarding the Adguard VPN extension for Chrome. If I enable VPN, does it only re-route the traffic inside of each tab, or does it route the whole browser traffic (including bookmarks, history, passwords and settings sync to Google account) via the VPN? I would rather...
  3. T

Slow Internet Speeds With Adguard Enabbled

You have to look at your CPU load when doing the speedtest. I also have a Gbit connection and I can fully use it (up to ~950 Mbit/s which is limited by the overhead of Gbit network link), but as you can see in the screenshot I'm almost hitting full CPU utilization when I'm doing a speedtest with...
  4. T

Adguard causing phone reboot on Android 10

Had a reboot again on my Pixel 3a, latest February update and latest Adguard with mitigation enabled. Woke up in the morning and had the "You need to enter a PIN after reboot" screen and Adguard was disabled, but started automatically a minute later. I immediately collected the Android log and...
  5. T

@avatar I just read the latest status update of the GSI request you filed at Googles issue tracker. What does that mean now? First he said it will be available as part of QPR2 which would mean in March, but then he said it was merged right now. So will it come with the next security update or...
  6. T

Excuse me if I'm too naive, but wouldn't it be possible then to just do not do this as a workaround until the bug is fixed? This would break app firewall of course and excluding single apps from filtering. It would kind of behave like DNS filtering then where you cannot distinguish which app is...
  7. T

Just got the December update on my Pixel 3a (was searching manually for it)! It's installing right now... Let's see if they managed to release the fix this month.
  8. T

Can it be worked around by restarting Adguard VPN once in a while? Or does only rebooting Android reset the trigger?
  9. T

I will try using manual proxy mode. It's a bit more work to adjust proxy for each network, but as it isn't using VPN it should work. Fortunately, German mobile carriers allow manually setting up a local proxy in APN settings. This way I am able to use Adguard in manual proxy mode not just via...
  10. T

But if it's because of the Android bug, how can it be then that I could work around the issue on my Pixel 3a by disabling "Filtering in all apps"? The Adguard VPN was running over weeks without rebooting after disabling this, thus filtering ads only in browsers. If it's due to this VPN bug, I...
  11. T

Unblock telemetry

Hi, I don't like ads but I have no problem with apps collecting their telemetry data, as I think in many cases it's very useful for the developers to collect these data, so I don't want to block that completely. By default, Adguard seems to be a little bit too strict for me, because according...
  12. T

Tried disabling "filtering of all apps" and didn't get any reboot since then. I updated to nightly now, put it back to default and will check if it's fixed.
  13. T

I have the same issue on my Pixel 3a on Android 10 using the latest release version of Adguard. I'm not using any DNS filtering (DNS module is disabled in Adguard) so it's not the private DNS bug which was discussed multiple times at Reddit and Google. It's completely random, not even...
  14. T

[*] bing.com

Ok... after todays Adguard update to 7.1.2817 and filter updates I cannot reproduce it anymore. Don't know if its just a coincidence or if you changed something ;)
  15. T

[*] bing.com

@Github there is a new report with Russian Bing which shows the same ads: https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardFilters/issues/34045#issuecomment-504351919