Recent content by tox1c90

1. T

Adguard causing phone reboot on Android 10

Excuse me if I'm too naive, but wouldn't it be possible then to just do not do this as a workaround until the bug is fixed? This would break app firewall of course and excluding single apps from filtering. It would kind of behave like DNS filtering then where you cannot distinguish which app is...
  2. T

Just got the December update on my Pixel 3a (was searching manually for it)! It's installing right now... Let's see if they managed to release the fix this month.
  3. T

Can it be worked around by restarting Adguard VPN once in a while? Or does only rebooting Android reset the trigger?
  4. T

I will try using manual proxy mode. It's a bit more work to adjust proxy for each network, but as it isn't using VPN it should work. Fortunately, German mobile carriers allow manually setting up a local proxy in APN settings. This way I am able to use Adguard in manual proxy mode not just via...
  5. T

But if it's because of the Android bug, how can it be then that I could work around the issue on my Pixel 3a by disabling "Filtering in all apps"? The Adguard VPN was running over weeks without rebooting after disabling this, thus filtering ads only in browsers. If it's due to this VPN bug, I...
  6. T

Unblock telemetry

Hi, I don't like ads but I have no problem with apps collecting their telemetry data, as I think in many cases it's very useful for the developers to collect these data, so I don't want to block that completely. By default, Adguard seems to be a little bit too strict for me, because according...
  7. T

Tried disabling "filtering of all apps" and didn't get any reboot since then. I updated to nightly now, put it back to default and will check if it's fixed.
  8. T

I have the same issue on my Pixel 3a on Android 10 using the latest release version of Adguard. I'm not using any DNS filtering (DNS module is disabled in Adguard) so it's not the private DNS bug which was discussed multiple times at Reddit and Google. It's completely random, not even...
  9. T

[*] bing.com

Ok... after todays Adguard update to 7.1.2817 and filter updates I cannot reproduce it anymore. Don't know if its just a coincidence or if you changed something ;)
  10. T

[*] bing.com

@Github there is a new report with Russian Bing which shows the same ads: https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardFilters/issues/34045#issuecomment-504351919
  11. T

[*] bing.com

I'm running everything on default + WFP-driver, filters and extensions as mentioned in my signature (and no stealth mode). Checked on Win 10 1903 running latest official Adguard release (tested in Edge and Firefox), and on Win 7 running latest Beta (tested only in Firefox) Strange that you are...
  12. T

[*] bing.com

Example: https://www.bing.com/search?q=samsung Ads appearing again above and below search results
  13. T

DNS causing problems

Hi! I noticed that for some apps, setting a custom DNS in AdGuard seems to be problematic. I disabled local DNS filtering (black hole) and I was just using Cloudflare DNS, so there is no DNS filtering involved. I noticed problems with the following two apps: - DriveNow Car Sharing (it takes...
  14. T

Filter category "Security" disabled by default

Hi! There is one thing which I find really counterintuitive in the newer Adguard releases. If you go to the screen where you enabled/disable or add filters, there is a category "Security" which is disabled by default because no filters within this category are selected. To the user, this looks...
  15. T

Opening Adguard settings increases Edge browser window size

The issue is similar, but not exactly the same - the one you linked is about the Edge window not staying maximized. I start with a window that is not maximized, and opening Adguard settings increases this window size by a few pixels in width and height (~0.5cm on my screen). Opening Adguard...