Search results

1. A

Shorter, More Focused Filter List

I had an idea for a shorter filter list: a list that only blocks ads and trackers found on the top 50 or top 100 Alexa-ranked sites. Because the English + Spyware filters get way too long (over 13,000 entries), especially for mobile usage. I bet the average user only needs 75 to 150 filter...
  2. A

Reducing Total Filter Number When Simplified Filters Feature is Enabled

Okay, that's my point. Those Google ads are hidden by cosmetic rules. I have the simplified filter feature enabled. That means cosmetic filters should be ignored. But they are apparently being enforced. So I don't understand if the simplified feature is working properly. In fact, I just...
  3. A

I don't really understand if this feature is working. I enabled it, but when I do some standard google searches--which ordinarily produce a text ad at the top--the ad has been hidden. I'm not complaining necessarily, but it seems like the cosmetic rules are still being enforced.
  4. A

Do we need the Safari filter?

I was wondering if the "Safari Filter" is necessary when using the content-blocking iOS app. I think it was checked by default, but after reading the description, I don't understand if it's necessary. Could someone explain it?
  5. A

When the simplified filter feature is enabled (i.e., cosmetic rules are ignored), shouldn't the total filter number be reduced accordingly?
  6. A

Question about Simplified Filter Feature

When the simplified filter feature is enabled (i.e., cosmetic rules are ignored), shouldn't the total filter number be reduced accordingly?