Search results

1. B

iTunes losing app install functionality

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/12/16298988/apple-itunes-desktop-update-removes-app-store Apple is removing the ability to install apps from iTunes. Meaning no more holding on to an old .ipa and installing it. Cloud sync only and latest compatible version only. There are still workarounds (for...
  2. B

Apple Cracking Down on VPN-Based Ad Blockers That Work in Third-Party Apps - What will AdGuard do ?

Those cases of heavy dealing from Apple were nowhere similar to the current situation of Apple changing the rules midstream on a host of products with paying customers. This still comes down to taking value away from your paying customers based on an unfounded fear. Apple's strong responses...
  3. B

Apple Cracking Down on VPN-Based Ad Blockers That Work in Third-Party Apps - What will AdGuard do ?

The devs should also be aware that Apple will grant refunds to purchasers of the Pro app on the basis of key functionality being removed. Creating a new app would eliminate this risk to AdGuard's finances. It takes an email to customer service and is handled on a case-by-case basis, but that is...
  4. B

FWIW, the VLC app was de-listed by Apple for several years. Since I had purchased prior to being pulled for copyright type reasons, I and other owners were able to continue using it and re-downloading to new devices. Just worth considering that it would be seen as a nice gesture to your paying...
  5. B

Really would have preferred you NOT update the existing app, so that it could remain the device without an update. Then just release a totally new app that complies. Apple doesn't disable apps on devices in these circumstances, so all existing users could have kept using the full functionality...
  6. B

www.googleadservices.com exception - unblockable?

Tried a bunch of apps and only one that reliably triggered the exception was the official gmail app. @Blaz -- The new blacklist filter doesn't seem to allow those special characters. At least I can't figure out a way to get them from the onscreen keyboard. The older version would add items in...
  7. B

Thanks, will try that! The logs are triggered from one or more apps, although rather infrequently and not repeatable. So I'm not even 100% sure whether it's a foreground or background app. Web pages do also trigger this, but that's not where I first noticed it. I'll report back with results...
  8. B

On iOS Pro version, I repeatedly see that domain listed in Filtering Log of the System-wide Adblocking, in green with the words "Exception pagead.l.doubleclick.net" after the date and time. Clicking on the entry sheds no light as to why this item is an exception. This is even after adding it to...