Search results

1. A

Filter list optimization

I have both AdGuard for Mac on my computers and AdGuard DNS on my network, and I have a collection of filter sets that block a total of 523,000+ domains. I know a lot of that has to be redundant, but I want to be able to use my devices without being spied on ;) So this lead me to some questions...
  2. A

Stopping videos and animations

I added Peter Lowe, Easy Privacy, Fanboy Enhanced Tracking, Fanboy Anti-Facebook, and Fanboy Social Blocking. Let's see if that helps.
  3. A

So when you open the web archive with Safari, you don't see the animation?
  4. A

I think you should be able to download the web archive from the link and get the complete page.
  5. A

I had an additional thought. Here are links to the source and a web archive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KSiUt2BmaPw4slyQTPykOhMqRGNxnZdU/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hMr_GIj-NzxsjiukU_vnSEK19LTKDdnD/view?usp=sharing
  6. A

I caught Fox News showing the animation just now... https://foxnews.com ... 3/9/2019 at 12:54 PM EST. Here's a link to a screen capture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tfDTX8iK-p4lp2PMBgO2S78uYOf2q5uM/view?usp=sharing Safari is set to stop animations, as we discussed before, but it doesn't.
  7. A

Thanks for taking time to check those out. Fox won't always have a video on their page, and they don't at the moment. I'm not sure how I would show someone except to post it to this thread when it happens. As for Accuweather, I stopped going to the site months ago because it was so full of...
  8. A

AdGuard Browser Extension 3.0

Thanks. Is there any point in using the browser extension in combination with AdGuard for Mac? Are they complimentary or redundant?
  9. A

This is Safari for Mac and iOS both, although I originally wrote about the Mac. foxnews.com is an offender I can think of easily. They'll have animations on their front page a couple of times a week (although they may not at this moment). accuweather.com is terrible about it, just about every...
  10. A

AdGuard Browser Extension 3.0

Will the AdGuard Browser Extension 3.0 be released for Safari? No mention of it in the blog article and there's not a Safari version on GitHub. https://adguard.com/en/blog/browser-extension-3-0/
  11. A

That was the first obvious thing I did a long time ago, but it doesn't stop things like animated GIFs, it seems, or apparently some other kind of animations that Safari won't stop. I don't know what the sites are doing, but they have a way around it.
  12. A

Lots of websites are increasingly using distracting and annoying videos and animations that auto-play when you load the page. I know that Safari in particular doesn't provide a way to stop a lot of these videos from playing. Is there some kind of filter I could create with AdGuard to prevent...
  13. A

Adding Cloudflare or Quad9 DNScrypt servers

I'd like to add either Cloudflare or Quad9 DNS encrypted servers as a custom DNS setting. The dialog to add a new server asks for a provider public key, and I'm not able to find any kind of public key for either Cloudflare or Quad9. Has anyone added these before? Or can someone from AdGuard...
  14. A

FX Now app

Product: AdGuard Pro iOS This is for the FX Now app. There is no website associated with this report. Filters: AdGuard SDN filter (under Privacy Settings) When this filter is enabled, the FX Now app will not work. When the app is loaded, after the initial animation, the app will sit at a black...
  15. A

Reporting broken apps

The AdGuard Pro app provides a menu for reporting issues, but the website doesn’t give any way to specify a broken app, just websites. When selecting a problem type, you’re given the option of “Broken website/app”, but then you’re required to enter a URL, and a broken app doesn’t have a URL. And...
  16. A

Error: Filters cannot be loaded

I'm having a problem with AdGuard Pro for iOS. When I attempt to add a user filter, the AdGuard Pro app gives me this error: Error Filters cannot be loaded into Safari. Therefore, your recent changes were not applied. There's no indication of what may be wrong, so I have no idea how to...
  17. A

AdGuard 1.4.0 proxy blocking Apple Maps

Same here, I can no longer reproduce this issue.
  18. A

Force touch to enable AdGuard DNS

I just downloaded Adguard Pro for iOS and I have a feature suggestion... It would very convenient if force-touching the Adguard app brought up a menu that turned on the Adguard DNS VPN. That's probably something users will do a lot and making it easy to get to seems logical.
  19. A

I've taken a look at the bug report to keep up with what's happening with this issue. Anything new to report? Thanks again for your quick help.
  20. A

Thanks for checking this out. :)