Search results

1. BobbyPhoenix

AdGuard blocks Microsoft "Image of the day" on new tab in Edge

So I noticed the release notes for 7.7.2 addressed a fix for a new tab page in Microsoft Edge, but AdGuard is still causing issues. Mainly with the background image of the day on the new tab. You'll notice when AdGuard is on the background image doesn't show, but disabling AdGuard allows it...
  2. BobbyPhoenix

Using AdGuard extension and AdGuard for Windows at the same time?

Question to the experts. I've been using AdGuard for Windows for over a year now, and have no issues. Before that I was using the browser extensions, and had no issues with that either, but since using AdGuard for Windows I've disabled the extensions since AdGuard for Windows does everything...
  3. BobbyPhoenix

How to whitelist Google Chrome?

So I've been having an issue with Google Chrome on Android. If I haven't used it in a while, and I select a link to open in Chrome, I get a blank page with the message "DNS redirect detected...", and after about two seconds it will then load the page. If I had recently opened Chrome, it goes...
  4. BobbyPhoenix

Connection verified by a certificate not recognized by mozilla

As the title says. I just noticed this in Firefox 89.0.2 when I click on the padlock in the URL bar. Is this normal, and has it always been there? When I click on the certificate to view it, it shows "connection secure", and verified by AdGuard, and is valid.
  5. BobbyPhoenix

Using multiple DNS provider at once?

I need some technical assistance please. Are there any conflicts/issues that can happen if I have DNS over HTTPS enabled in AdGuard for Windows, and in the browser settings in Firefox/Chrome at the same time? I just recently decided to try DoH through AdGuard, but I don't know if I need/should...
  6. BobbyPhoenix

Use DoH through AdGuard and browser at the same time?

Is there any conflicts/issues that can happen if I have DNS over HTTPS enabled in AdGuard for Windows, and in the browser settings in Firefox/Chrome at the same time? I just recently decided to try DoH through AdGuard, but I don't know if I need/should disable it in the browsers. I have them...
  7. BobbyPhoenix

Did not auto-update program?

My icon on my taskbar looked different, so I opened AdGuard to find there was a version update available. In settings I have it set to "Silent automatic update", so why did I have to manually click "update"? Or would it have automatically updated if I let it go longer (like is there a set time...
  8. BobbyPhoenix

Your codes must be redeemed within 30 days?

I just purchased a lifetime family license, and when I went to redeem the license it shows "Your codes must be redeemed within 30 days. ". What if I don't use it within 30 days? Can I redeem another code when needed? I don't think I'll be able to access all the computers I need to within 30 days.
  9. BobbyPhoenix

Android 11 Beta is out.

Does the current AdGuard stable version work with Android 11? Since the Beta is now out I was thinking of trying it.
  10. BobbyPhoenix

Yahoo ad blocker popup

So this just started to get really annoying. I would get it once and a while before, and just refresh the page, but now it's every minute or two. Without refreshing the only way to get it to go away (without disabling AdGuard) is to go to Basic Mail, and then back to the normal mail. Is there...
  11. BobbyPhoenix

HTTPS cert for Firefox Preview

I'm using the new Firefox Preview on Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.fenix&hl=en), and was wondering if installing the cert is needed. I forgot about it for a while, and while using Firefox Preview I didn't notice ads. Is the cert really needed for it? Does...
  12. BobbyPhoenix

HTTPS enabled causes resend message on Firefox

I narrowed it down to HTTPS filtering. With it on I get the message shown in the screenshot. With it off the page loads normally (no message). It doesn't happen in Chrome either way. It only started after AdGuard updated to version 3.0.297. It doesn't happen on every site, but enough to be...
  13. BobbyPhoenix

Mining warning not showing in Firefox?

See my post in this thread. https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/coinhive-similar-blocking.25610/ I'm posting it hear also since my main concern is why is Firefox not showing the warning? In Chrome I get the below message warning, but nothing in Firefox. Same site visited at the same...
  14. BobbyPhoenix

Android vulnerabilities from sideloaded apps

So I was reading an article about these new vulnerabilities that affect Android phones that sideload apps, but I'm sure Adguard is not an issue as it's a reputable program/app, but I thought I'd share as Adguard is a sideloaded app, and I'm sure others may install other apps from outside the...