Search results

1. A

Apple Cracking Down on VPN-Based Ad Blockers That Work in Third-Party Apps - What will AdGuard do ?

I see, you may think that I have anything against you or your personal choices, but I don't. Let's agree that we both disagree in this matter, just that(theres no need for all that unnecessary jargon). At the moment I'm working so I don't have the time to properly reply to you right now so I...
  2. A

Apple Cracking Down on VPN-Based Ad Blockers That Work in Third-Party Apps - What will AdGuard do ?

Adding DNS hijacking into the mix is not a true argument regarding whatever you are trying to prove, iOS does not allow port randomization(other than 53 for DNS) and does not support DNSCrypt without jailbreak. That said, in iOS, every software that attempts to tamper with the default DNS...
  3. A

I think you are misunderstanding the way the app works. You pay 1.99 once to be able to enforce ANY DNS servers system wide(WiFi + Cellular), similar to Adguard Pro(vs Adguard free that doesn't provide that feature). The extra 1.99 are for the IP update functionality, only useful if you have a...
  4. A

There's DNSoverride, from the Futuremind guys. It uses the same fake VPN method to enforce system wide DNS servers. It even updates your IP if you use a custom configuration on OpenDNS.
  5. A

I can confirm that the whitelist/blacklist capabilities are still present. There is just one little issue, the domains listed in the white/blacklist are not enforced if you keep the system's default DNS, only after you select other DNS. Is there any possibility to keep the domains of those...
  6. A

It's not vague, in past cases Apple dealt with heavy hand on devs who bent/failed to latter comply with the rules. You need to understand that even this "downgraded" version(1.3.0) still uses the "fake" VPN method*. Based on section 4.2.1 of the App Store Review Guidelines, which says that APIs...
  7. A

BTW guys, in this 1.3.0 version will you keep the system wide whitelisting/blacklisting capabilities? I am asking because I use the blacklist to add the Apple domain responsible for the OTA update verification(mesu.apple.com) and avoid the automatic download of the OTA.
  8. A

The users need to understand that keeping the old one on the store against Apple warning would create tension between both companies, with a higher probability of a retaliation from Apple(it's their store, their rules). It's much better for Adguard's future in the store, to abide by their rules...