Search results

1. BobbyPhoenix

VirusTotal flags apk as trojan

I'm getting a new phone, and just downloaded the apk from https://adguard.com/en/adguard-android/overview.html and my normal procedure is to scan all downloads with VirusTotal. The apk I just downloaded was flagged by three vendors. I'm taking it as a false positives, but just want to bring it...
  2. BobbyPhoenix

Problems when upgrading to 7.9 RC

Well I'm back again. It's been random, but Firefox, Chrome, and Edge are all much slower with AdGuard for Windows (AfW) enabled than with only the browser extension. I even uninstalled it, and downloaded a fresh copy, but it's still the same. With AfW enabled pages take 5 seconds longer to...
  3. BobbyPhoenix

Another quick update. I've been trying to get Firefox back up to speed, so I did the usual clear cookies and cache, rebooted, checked for updates, but it was still slower than normal until today. I don't know what changed, but now both Chrome and Firefox are back up to speed. Go figure. LOL
  4. BobbyPhoenix

Just a quick update. I'm not sure what changed (I didn't change anything, but Windows updates did install yesterday, so maybe something there?), but Chrome seems to be back to full speed. Firefox still lags, but it's quicker now. About 2 seconds down from 5. Hmmm
  5. BobbyPhoenix

Just dropping my 2 cents. 7.8 was flawless. Chrome and Firefox pages opened instantly. Updated to 7.9, and now 7.9.1, and all websites take at least 3-5 seconds to load. I reset my settings, and re-added them thinking something messed up, but 7.9(.1) is so slow to open pages. Funny thing is...
  6. BobbyPhoenix

AdGuard blocks Microsoft "Image of the day" on new tab in Edge

I do have multiple filters in use. And here is the filter log. It's ntp.msn.com that pulls the image. If I whitelist it the image loads. If anyone else needs to whitelist it add this to your "User rules" whitelist: @@||ntp.msn.com^$document EDIT - It's not a good solution though as...
  7. BobbyPhoenix

I'll give it a try today. Thanks for the suggestion.
  8. BobbyPhoenix

So I noticed the release notes for 7.7.2 addressed a fix for a new tab page in Microsoft Edge, but AdGuard is still causing issues. Mainly with the background image of the day on the new tab. You'll notice when AdGuard is on the background image doesn't show, but disabling AdGuard allows it...
  9. BobbyPhoenix

Using AdGuard extension and AdGuard for Windows at the same time?

I'm silly. I was able to sync, and then just uncheck the add-ons option to stop syncing under settings. That way I can get all my add-ons installed on both, and only keep which ones I want enabled on each computer without syncing with each other.
  10. BobbyPhoenix

Using AdGuard extension and AdGuard for Windows at the same time?

Question to the experts. I've been using AdGuard for Windows for over a year now, and have no issues. Before that I was using the browser extensions, and had no issues with that either, but since using AdGuard for Windows I've disabled the extensions since AdGuard for Windows does everything...
  11. BobbyPhoenix

Router login page 192.168.1.1 won't load with Adguard + AdguardVPN.

I cannot access my router login page either. I have to disable AdGuard to access it.
  12. BobbyPhoenix

How to whitelist Google Chrome?

So I've been having an issue with Google Chrome on Android. If I haven't used it in a while, and I select a link to open in Chrome, I get a blank page with the message "DNS redirect detected...", and after about two seconds it will then load the page. If I had recently opened Chrome, it goes...
  13. BobbyPhoenix

Ads not being blocked on Android 12 Beta 4 (SPB4.210715.011) released today

I don't really know what to compare with in the settings file, but I know my settings block everywhere, so if you want to try mine you can. Like you said just change txt to json before importing. It's only the settings file with no license info, so you should be able to just import it.
  14. BobbyPhoenix

It must be your settings somewhere. I tried the app for a bit, and no ads for me. I didn't look at your settings yet.
  15. BobbyPhoenix

The only thing I can think of since you said it's working in browsers is the check to see if the option to filter all apps somehow got turned off. Did you check here?
  16. BobbyPhoenix

Update all AdGuard filters/settings. Open AdGuard, and press the "check for updates" circle in the upper right corner opposite of the menu and where it says AdGuard. Also check your license status in the menu. Basic AdGuard blocks in browsers, but you need a license to block in apps. Mine is...
  17. BobbyPhoenix

Update came out today. VPN is fixed. Ad blocking is working.
  18. BobbyPhoenix

I'll just wait for a fix. I don't want to go messing around with settings. I've used all betas for Android since the first one for Android 10. Android 12 Beta 4 is the last, and is considered stable. What Beta 4 is now will be the final release with minor details done, but it should work the...
  19. BobbyPhoenix

Never mind. I guess it is blocking through the VPN. I guess I have to wait. Thanks for the input/info.