Search results

1. Gass

The truth behind VPN protection

Here, I've found a good write-up with an in depth variety of information covering many platforms. It was written earlier this year (2017). An introduction to six types of VPN software A VPN is simply an encrypted connection between two computers, each side running VPN software. The two sides...
  2. Gass

AdGuard mysteriously blocking websites, despite never being installed

Would that be on only your PC settings side (my own DNS to googles) or is it meant by the general census as the (network being used), to connect all others that use the network - as you've mentioned? "and to my knowledge, none of the other people on this network have" Is this only happening to...
  3. Gass

That ' I do my research and homework, I've never said/posted of the 435 in my posts/threads to date in something I've known to be false, factual misleading or have at anytime clearly misrepresent any facts and information so far and I never will. I will spend a good amount of time looking for...
  4. Gass

[[Not the words Adguard people themselves use.]] I beg to differ, as that's where I copied it....... What is it you want man - quite trying to split hairs... Everything I copied was from Adguard own printed words / except one Notebook Review article I found. Your sending a message to the...
  5. Gass

Hello and Welcome to the forums @MarioMCP I'd be the 1st. to admit I don't know a lot - but from what I can understand in reading into Adguard and then your words, seems that here in your case - there are multiple computers/devices on a networks connection. Parts of your statements- [Adguard...
  6. Gass

General Safe-Guarding YOURSELF ONLINE

Hello and Welcome to the forums @atif Thanks for your statement and question. :) This can be a wide broad swath or in a pin point path to the results of what your asking and answers sought, even giving only a summary. Everyone will have to decide what's best for themselves, and some may advise...
  7. Gass

@The Commissioner good then I hope to see Beta Tester under your user name here someday, Sir. Where one starts with Adguard or any software - I guess depends on ones age and experiences, even age not the only thing to consider though. Sometimes I put something in hard review to see it's limit...
  8. Gass

The Threads topic has to be observed somewhat as not drift to far, so coming back on topic from any thoughts in other directions in what you want to say is fair. Small chat is best for PM's, but I can understand your statements and questions and your alright. Mostly the latter as I want privacy...
  9. Gass

@The Commissioner I never said the AG Knowledge Base Article was complete or meant to infer it was (as it's a good works in progress still), but and it's a BIG one, it's covering more to what's in Adguard now and to being more consistent/current of the releases in any advancements from Win...
  10. Gass

@The Commissioner You've raised a fair amount of counter points - with good Intel of specific circumstances - again that's what I wished this thread is to be used for, then any knowledge to override-circumvent-workaround the obstacles and in a point blank - bottom line factual based method to...
  11. Gass

Apple Cracking Down on VPN-Based Ad Blockers That Work in Third-Party Apps - What will AdGuard do ?

I'm not an iOS user, but have been following here some, so I can see the question being asked "what about in-app ads then, are those blocked with AG DNS means available"?
  12. Gass

Hello and Welcome to the Forums in your first post :) I'll try them one by one to my logic in anything I can offer you. Oh I do and it's the driving force to posting topics for their knowledge and a medium for discussions, seeing news and alerts, to an basic understanding it's all tied together...
  13. Gass

What can your ISP see? Unencrypted websites give ISPs (i.e. Internet Service Providers) the most detailed pieces of data about their users. Unencrypted websites use Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) without a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), leaving the connection unencrypted. Encrypted websites...
  14. Gass

Apple Cracking Down on VPN-Based Ad Blockers That Work in Third-Party Apps - What will AdGuard do ?

That's what I'm seeing also, besides a hand full of VPN's that have the feature to ad-blocking - I guess in-built of the client. Then Nord doesn't offer any ad blocking info. in it's homepage, features and FAQ that pop out to a viewer either, so it must be rather new to doing this. But does...
  15. Gass

I'm at a loss as what I've read - that no new updates to these types of ad-blockers and VPNs are allowed to update their apps through Apple store. It hasn't said they would be removed (in anything I've read on the web) - just no new updates to them from Apples end, so wouldn't they still work to...
  16. Gass

Are all AdBlockers Doomed - Hacker > Blocking the Ad-blocker

This is just a brief excerpt from the source. https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/this-is-why-you-need-a-hacker-for-blocking-the-ad-blocker/ According to your website, Ad-venture ads have been found unblockable when tested with dozens of ad-blocking tools. Please describe how that is done. Our...
  17. Gass

Using AdGuard for Windows with a separate VPN

Foremost what I said was- Which may have confused you and I should have said in Adguard setting - set to "no proxy". Sorry for any confusion. Without a system proxy set, and then in AG to use the system proxy would yield the same as "no proxy" -default- then, 'I think'. A proxy being set up I...
  18. Gass

RoughTed bypasses ad blockers

Nonetheless, the most eye-catching script is the one that detects if the user is using an ad blocker extension and finding a way to bypass this system. Users of several ad blockers such as Adblock Plus, uBlock origin, or AdGuard, have been recently complaining about advertisements that break...
  19. Gass

Welcome to the Forums :) Yourself ever own a early 70's Chevy ? I had 2+ Chevelle's 69-Malibu I...

Welcome to the Forums :) Yourself ever own a early 70's Chevy ? I had 2+ Chevelle's 69-Malibu I put a stroker 283 in, 70-Super Sport stock 454, and 72-El Camino SS stock 454. 70 had the hp. Couple mid 50's for my birth year nostalgia. Wished I had anyone of them now...
  20. Gass

Hello Sir :)

Hello Sir :)