Search results

1. P

[Resvoled]Filtering Apple News no longer working?

I found the cause, iadcontent.apple.com wasn't blocked and needed to be. Once I added a rule for it, ads no longer showed :D Thanks Chinaski!
  2. P

Now that's interesting.....looks like News is being filtered after all, but the ads are still showing up.
  3. P

There is no link to download Apple News, it comes by default on every Mac. It’s the “News” app in your Applications folder.
  4. P

Blocking of ads in Apple News stopped working at some stage and i'm not sure when it happened. The News app shows with an exclamation mark as the icon and ads are coming through loud and clear. Removing the app from AdGuard and re-adding it hasn't helped either. I'm on macOS Catalina.
  5. P

Regex question to block element

Yes im on Safari. Ok thanks for that, looks like there’s no way to avoid having to click twice.
  6. P

rarbg.to The id only appears when you visit the site for the first time every so often. If you go to it and the id/overlay doesn't appear, then wait about an hour and then try again.
  7. P

I'm trying to block an id on a certain website using regex because it's a randomly generated 4 character name. I'd really appreciate it if someone could please let me know if i'm on the right track. example.com###/^[0-9a-zA-Z]{4}$/ It should match any of the following examples. kals, jlkm...
  8. P

Weird interaction with VMs

The error is: Safari Can't Connect to the Server. Safari can't open the page <url> because Safari can't connect to the server <servername>. I've replaced the url and servername. And the guest machine's IP is 192.168.42.152 as it's NATTED.
  9. P

Thanks Vasily. Side note, i've tried adding the hostname I use to access the site to the Adguard whitelist and that doesn't seem to help. (eg vmname.local).
  10. P

I develop sites on VMs on a regular basis on my Mac. When my Mac starts, Adguard starts along with it. Upon powering on the VM and accessing a site on it, the browser is unable to reach the site. Only after turning Adguard off and back on will the browser be able to reach the site on the VM...
  11. P

Bug report - AdGuard disables itself after fast user switching

When a user is logged in with Adguard enabled and another user then switches to their login via fast user switching whom also has Adguard enabled, Adguard will be disabled for the first user. To recreate: Login with a user and enable Adguard. Login with another user and start Adguard. Switch...
  12. P

How to fix https issues

I'm seeing massive slowdowns in page load times when some https pages are filtered. Such as Google (yes generic searches at google.com take about 10 seconds to load) and Wikipedia. As soon as I disable Adguard https filtering or include and exclusion for those domains, the pages load quickly...