Search results

1. J

CCleaner and AdGuard: AdGuard stops working & The Number Badge vanishes

I am totally perplexed - I have the latest version of CCleaner and do not have 'Chrome html5 storage' and 'logs' anywhere under Google Chrome! Which version do you have Dawnz? Has it been added manually by someone?
  2. J

[resolved] Amazon Kindle Software Updates Page Broken

OK, sure. Ghostery have made a good job of it - though sadly they don't block ads as such. At least, not as effectively as Adguard. I certainly think you should follow their lead and do something very similar.
  3. J

When you say 'impossible'...? I'm sure this is the wrong place to carry on this discussion but I envisage something along the lines of the selective tracking filters in Ghostery. It must be possible to have list of detected trackers available in the extension pop-up with check boxes to allow /...
  4. J

MEGA [https://mega.co.nz/] fails to load

Can't reproduce either - latest Chrome Stable. Tried it in 'normal' and incognito.
  5. J

The following page is broken in that the software updates links on the left hand side of the page do not work with the Spyware & Tracking Filter enabled. I'm assuming you'll fix this but is there any update on a version of the Chrome extension that allows the user to selectively switch...
  6. J

Blocking on DuckDuckGo.com

OK, yes there is an ad 'opt in / out' option for DDG. I'm opted out but I'm still seeing the Adguard count, presumably because the JS is present nonetheless.
  7. J

CCleaner and AdGuard: AdGuard stops working & The Number Badge vanishes

I'm tempted to say that this a 'red herring'. I have CCleaner and have used it for years. I have no such issues as you describe and, quite honestly, I can't see how CCleaner would do what you say - there is no entry in CCleaner for Chrome extensions and any 'full' application that is being...
  8. J

Blocking on DuckDuckGo.com

As you're well aware the DuckDuckGo search engine is all about privacy. However, the Adguard Chrome extension apparently blocks some js when performing a search. The filtering log doesn't really help very much - can someone explain what is being blocked and why? I'm using English Filter...
  9. J

Brief ad appearance

That's clear - thanks for the explanation.
  10. J

Brief ad appearance

May I ask why?
  11. J

[resolved] British Telecom site broken

Seems OK now. Thanks.
  12. J

UPDATE: Occasionally I can get the home page buttons to work but the email sign-in page does not. Disabling the spyware and tracking filter solves the problem. I will stop using that filter for the time being (sadly) - at least until there is the ability for the user to control what is being...
  13. J

Hi, Problem with this site - http://home.bt.com/ - none of the menu 'headers' in the blue bar at the top of the page respond when clicked... ...and this one - https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform - Hitting the 'Login to Email' button gets no response. Problem is instantly solved by...
  14. J

Brief ad appearance

You have. Unfortunately, you see the place holder making a brief appearance now....
  15. J

Brief ad appearance

Actually you do see it - briefly - when you click on any thread link on that page it reappears for a second or so in the same position. I successfully blocked the ad myself before you added it to the filter list and got the same result.
  16. J

What's blocked on current page that shown ? I want to know

First off - apologies! Stupid of me not to work that out! Secondly - great, glad you're considering the 'feature request'. It would make it a very 'complete' product.
  17. J

Brief ad appearance

Thanks - that seems to work, but the white-list entry is still there! You say that you don't normally block ads of this type yet I had assumed that this ad would, in fact, have normally been blocked but was showing due to your own white-listing. Now confused...
  18. J

Brief ad appearance

Understood - the ad's unnecessary though and 'in your face' when using the forum. The code you sent me doesn't work btw....
  19. J

Brief ad appearance

Just checked the filter log. It would seem that you are white-listing this ad in the filter list - I am not white-listing anything myself! See attached screenshot...
  20. J

What's blocked on current page that shown ? I want to know

....yes, but only if you choose to send stats for filter usage. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with your privacy policy but I don't agree that you should only the user to see what is blocked if they choose this option. With that in mind I suggest you take a leaf out of Ghostery's book and allow...