Search results

1. D

DNS causing problems

Yep, same issue here. Enabling DNS redirect (no filtering) effectively blocks wifi when configured as a VPN. Works fine in proxy mode. Log shows unusually long DNS resolution times (10+ sec) but no explicit errors. Likely due to some device/ROM weirdness. It did work in AdGuard builds prior to...
  2. D

[AdGuard for Android] v2.10.106 beta

Don't see the point - it's a small, non-animated icon placed in an unused portion of of the title bar. Is it showing up elsewhere? If this suggestion is accepted do other switches also get added to disable the update button? How about the various items that fall under the hamburger menu?
  3. D

[AdGuard for Android] v2.10.106 beta

FYI - I do not experience this problem on 2.10.56 (or earlier builds) on three very different devices that run AdGuard. Probably device/ROM specific; doesn't appear to be a generic issue.
  4. D

AdGuard Pro for iOS v1.1.0

I have the same question for both iOS and Android. Hoping Adguard resolves default filter redundancies internally so users don't have to uncheck anything (though no big deal if recommended).
  5. D

Extremely slow wifi speed with adguard enabled

Similar problem (inconsistent/bizarre Speedtest results) but only when Adguard is operating in VPN mode. HTTP proxy works fine. HTTPS filtering is not enabled.
  6. D

Latest Windows 10 major update and AdGuard freezing when opening....

Agree with above. I tried latest Beta and found it didn't integrate well with browser extension (Chrome or Opera) so went back to 5.10. Really disappointing this isn't being addressing on production build given Beta hasn't even progressed to RC yet. Why go standard/premium if support isn't there?
  7. D

MMS Messages Blocked

Well, I'd wager all Moto X and newer Droid variants on Verizon (perhaps other CDMA carriers) would be impacted as they share a similar architecture/code base. Unfortunately, there is no way to manually disable LTE on my handset even using various switches and hacks. I will have to wait until I'm...
  8. D

MMS Messages Blocked

Nope, at least not in the near future. Waiting for the root situation to fully sort and Google to settle the furious pace of updates addressing various issues with early Lollipop rollouts. Not much 3rd party ROM support for my handset (Droid Mini) so I need to wait for Big Red to release a base...
  9. D

MMS Messages Blocked

LTE most of the time including during recent testing. 3G kicks in when LTE is not available. Verizon BTW.
  10. D

MMS Messages Blocked

Looks like it may be an Android problem. Went with NoRoot Firewall; MMS messages failed to send. Disabled firewall and message went out. Repeated for good measure (same result). I suspect the same would occur with any of the other suggested packages. And yes - I allowed any/all traffic through...
  11. D

MMS Messages Blocked

Ok - will try with one of the above in the next 12-24 hours. Sorry about Hamachi; had no idea which API it used.
  12. D

MMS Messages Blocked

Sure - I enabled Hamachi VPN and was able to send/receive MMS messages successfully. Adguard was also running (in HTTP Proxy Mode). I don't discount the possibility of an Android bug, especially given the somewhat erratic behavior noted in this thread (initially worked in VPN mode; now it...
  13. D

MMS Messages Blocked

Done - ticket #XOH-229-17876. Changed mode to VPN, restarted phone then conducted test. Hopefully that cleared any caches.
  14. D

MMS Messages Blocked

After performing a complete reinstall/reconfigure of v1.1.779 I confirmed MMS messages can be sent/received in HTTP Proxy mode (auto configuration on rooted device). The failure I experienced in earlier testing was apparently related to the receiving device. MMS messages still can't be sent...
  15. D

MMS Messages Blocked

You mean under WiFi settings? Err, no. That's not going to work as I connect to various networks in my daily travels. Preliminary testing of Beta 1.1.779 suggests MMS messages are sent in HTTP Proxy mode (auto configuration) but are somehow corrupted so they can't be processed at the receiving...
  16. D

MMS Messages Blocked

Didn't know there was a beta. Downloaded and will evaluate ASAP. Thanks! I have done this (http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms) using various formats of the URL - didn't help. Proxy host is blank so presumably NA. Looking forward to it! Adguard makes a huge difference in browsing efficiency...
  17. D

MMS Messages Blocked

I am the OP having raised this concern nearly a month ago. Since posting the above I have found outgoing MMS performance to be variable based on factors that I have yet to identify. Incoming MMS generally works in VPN mode while outgoing MMS is much less reliable and never works in HTTP Proxy...
  18. D

MMS Messages Blocked

Package names: com.android.mms (stock messaging app) com.thinkleft.eightyeightsms.mms (alternative messaging app)
  19. D

MMS Messages Blocked

I haven't noticed the PRL/Profile update issue - possibly because I don't keep Adguard enabled 7x24. Something to keep an eye on. @Adguard Support: I attempted to zip up the stock messaging apk and attached it here but the forum boards have a ridiculously low size restriction (97.5KB). The...
  20. D

why i like adguard

I couldn't agree more!! Adguard just works with none of the horrible (truly horrible) side effects of ABP. While I have root on many of my devices I don't especially enjoy hacking/modding and do so only when absolutely necessary. That said, I did try Adguard in HTTP Proxy mode for several...