This is very wrong indeed, and I don't observe this behavior on our test computers.
Also, A LOT of different issues were solved in v7.2 that is currently in the nightly update channel.
I'd be grateful if you could spare some time to help us figure out what's this issue is about, and try this...
Yep, it is not bypassed by default.
This is due to how DNS filtering works:
1. It configures Android to use a fake DNS address
2. Then when it sees that the connection is to this fake address, the connection is being redirected to the AdGuad's own DNS service
The idea is to not mess with...
Quite the opposite to what I thought it was:)
Filtering was disabled for the "DNS" meta app so AdGuard didn't even try to filter it and bypassed DNS requests to a non-existing DNS server instead of redirecting it to the DNS proxy.
@Purple Tentacle well, I really need to see your logs then.
Also, please try this build - it has the same changes as .140, but with the previous dnsproxy version:
Okay, I haven't seen the logs yet, but I bet that the reason is the Firewall logic change in this update.
Before that change, it was not possible to restrict network access for the DNS requests. They were always allowed even if you restrict network access globally. Now the situation is...
Sorry for the late reply.
Could you please do the following:
1. Collect the debug log as it's explained here: https://kb.adguard.com/en/android/solving-problems/log
2. Remember the exact time when the issue was reproduced, we will need it to find the corresponding records in the log...
Guys, this is the main issue of the v7.0 release, and it will be addressed in the first patch we're going to release this month.
The problem is that when AG reloads configuration (for instance, when filters are updated, or when you change anything in the filters settings), it completely...
Got it. So it sounds more complicated than I supposed at first.
First of all, I'd suggest to simply reinstall AdGuard and see if it changes things.
I don't hold out much hope, but this is what makes sense to try in case of any issue:).
If that does not help, do you mind if we arrange a remote...
If you decide to act like a civilized person, here are some relevant questions:
1. Does AG start blocking ads if you restart it after boot (Quit through the menu, then run it back)?
2. There were no issues when you just installed it, the ads were blocked okay, right?
If the answers to both...