Search results

1. S

Adguard VPN

I would like to know this as well. The browser extension is decent enough, if a little barebones compared to most other VPNs I've used. Speeds are decent, and I like that you can exclude websites from it, which is something that not every service offers or implements as smoothly. While I'm sure...
  2. S

[Resolved]Is my lifetime AdGuard license transferable from my Windows PC to a new iMac?

Yes, you just need to deactivate/reset the license on your Windows PC either through the app or on the Adguard website before attempting to activate it on your new iMac.
  3. S

Impact of Google Manifest V3

It won't impact Chromium-based browsers that have their own built-in ad blocking function (eg Brave and Opera). The developers of Vivaldi have gone on record saying that they will do whatever they can to maintain things the way they are now...
  4. S

Impact of Google Manifest V3

The plan to limit ad blocker functionality in Chrome is apparently still on track: https://www.ghacks.net/2019/05/30/google-still-on-track-to-limit-ad-blockers-in-chrome/
  5. S

adguard no longer working on youtube.

I understand that. The problem is that the assistant icon is reverting to the large size when I have specified that it be set to the small one.
  6. S

@Boo Berry - as requested, here are screenshots from Youtube with the Chrome console open and Adguard both enabled and disabled. Let me know if you need anything else/more specific.
  7. S

AV is the current version of ESET NOD32 with the https:// scanner disabled. I will post a screenshot but it won't be until much later this evening.
  8. S

I'm having a slightly different issue. On Youtube, I disable AG because I'm a Red subscriber so no ads play. The problem is the assistant still shows up on the site, and it remains with the large icon. Changing it to the small icon only keeps it that way for my current session. If I close the...
  9. S

Adguard for Chromebooks?

With the Google Play store now available on most current Chromebooks, is it possible for Adguard to be updated to support them, including proper integration with the Chrome browser and its related extension? I'd like to use the app but not have to rely on a third-party browser to get the full...
  10. S

EasyPrivacy filter causing issues with eBay

If I have the EasyPrivacy filter enabled, clicking on a link either through email or on eBay's site that redirects through rover.ebay.com causes the black screen you see in the attached image. Maybe using this filter isn't really necessary, but this is a heads up for anyone who might be using it.
  11. S

Ads not getting blocked on PlayStationLifestyle.net

This issue is with the Chrome browser extension on both MacOS and ChromeOS. @Alex302 - I added that rule, but it didn't do anything (see attached screenshot).
  12. S

Ads not getting blocked on PlayStationLifestyle.net

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/09/25/danganronpa-v3-class-trial-guide-complete-walkthrough/ With the Adguard extension enabled, none of the ads on this site are being blocked. Any suggestions on rules to add to try and get around this? Edit: I saw the sticky at the top of the page...
  13. S

Adblocker detected on wikia.com

@Blaz Those rules appear to be working. Thanks for looking into this.
  14. S

Adblocker detected on wikia.com

Looks like some sub-sections of wikia.com have implemented an anti-adblock script. I'm getting the message shown on the attached screenshot with the Adguard extension enabled on my Chromebook and Chrome browser on a MacBook Pro. Disabling Adguard lets the page render correctly. Is there a rule I...
  15. S

Getting "threat blocked" popup when using PayPal

I was going to send a note directly to tech support, but now there's no need. All is well now.
  16. S

Assistant icon missing at paypal.com

I realize I'm resurrecting a slightly old thread here, but I can confirm that this popup appears for me as well. It happens on my personal computer running Windows 10 and Chrome (both of which were cleanly installed yesterday) as well as on my wife's laptop that uses Windows 8.1 and Firefox.
  17. S

Not possible as this is on a computer with an OS (Windows 10) and browser (Chrome) that was cleanly installed yesterday. I also just tried it on my wife's laptop, which runs Adguard under Windows 8.1 and Firefox, and the same popup appeared when logging into PayPal. Edit: And I'm not the only...
  18. S

Using the current Adguard for Windows and Chrome browser extension, I keep getting the "threat blocked" pop up as seen in the included screenshot. This particular "threat" only occurs on PayPal. I always type the site into my browser - I never click on links even in emails that I know are from...
  19. S

Can AdGuard block Amazon ads on new Fire phones?

I'm actually thinking of ordering one anyway. Obviously I would install the program first, which is possible because despite being an Amazon device, it actually supports the Google Play store. But is there anything specific you would need if it doesn't work properly?
  20. S

Can AdGuard block Amazon ads on new Fire phones?

Amazon recently released a couple new, low-cost smartphones. One of them shows ads on the lock and notification screens in exchange for a lower cost to purchase. Is it possible for Adguard to block those ads so they don't appear? Any insight users or developers can share is appreciated.