Search results

1. T

AdGuard for Safari 1.3.4 CPU usage in idle

I'll let the experts answer that in detail, but in my experience the standard API-based rules (not the advanced rules) work with AdGuard not running and do block ads/trackers/etc. They just aren't quite as good and can't do fancy stuff, and you can't add/modify rules on the fly. I don't notice a...
  2. T

Hmm, there doesn't appear to be a folder (or file) named "AdGuard for Safari" in my user logs folder (see attached). I did discover that if only the extension named "AdGuard" is enabled, basic blocking works and the actual background app doesn't need to run unless I want to check for updates...
  3. T

Ah, that's in the app itself, in /Applications/AdGuard for Safari/Contents/Library/LoginItems/. I assume that's how the app sets itself to run on login? What do I need to do with that?
  4. T

The only logs I see for AdGuard in there are AdvancedBlocking crash reports under DiagnosticReports, the most recent of which is from July 17, and then only on the iMac. There are no AdGuard logs on the MBP. Do I need to enable logging first somehow, or are those the logs you're looking for?
  5. T

I'm seeing the same issue on two Macs, both running the latest AdGuard for Safari (1.4.1) and the latest Mojave (10.14.6). It's actually somewhat worse on the laptop (2015 13" MBP), which ends up noticeably draining my battery. I'm not sure if it's to the point that browsing websites without...