2 copies, 2 emails, but 1 key? = Christmas gift or Grinch?

MorningStar

I'm an NEW customer of AdGuard and was a bit excited that with my purchase, AdGaurd would also include Emsisoft Anti-Malware. They too are having the same promotion you are (or were during the holidays).

I purchased 2 copies of AdGaurd, received 2 individual emails, with 2 individual keys (as expected). However, regarding Emsisoft Anti-Malware, I received 2 emails with the SAME key. I thought this was odd

Is this going to be a problem? Did I get short changed? Has the Grinch stolen my Christmas gift?

I added screenshots showing the outline of the emails (but without revealing the keys, obviously)

Attachments

MorningStar

Well, this may be a problem after all. :(

One of the two suddenly gave me an expired notice and when I try to impute the key, it tells me it's still good until December 31, 2016 ( a whole year), but then tells me I must wait 24 hours to apply it because of key mapping. :confused:

To get to the bottom of this, I'm now cross-posting on Emsisoft's support forums too.
http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/19538-2-copies-2-emails-but-1-key/

I'll tell you what I do not want. I do not want to be caught in 'red tape', stuck in some middle ground limbo, between both brands. It's clear you're both complimenting each other and running promotions between each other. By that I mean.... I don't want 1 place telling me it's someone else's problem, then having the other place tell me the same. :(

I would however like this to be resolved, please.

Last edited by a moderator:

MorningStar

I was asked for clarification. Let me better explain. :)

The problem is I ordered 2 copies independently. Received 2 emails for each order. But I only received the 1 key in BOTH emails (for Emsisoft Anti-Malware). :(

Emsisoft and you (AdGuard) are both running the same promotion. If I had purchased directly from you, I would receive a copy of Emsisoft included. Just as if I purchased from Emsisoft, I would receive a copy of AdGuard. :)

The problem here is you're both cooperating with each other to run this promotion, but now that someone has goofed up, no one wants to help. Someone tell me to go to you and you tell me to go to them. That really is unfair. I, after all, have not done anything wrong. :(

Attached as requested is showing the end of both keys from AdGaurd (including only the last digit which is clearly different for each, as expected). I have also included attached the PayPal order for each individual purchase.

Attachments

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh I am sorry for the delay, we have very long new year vacations, everybody will return to work only tomorrow.

We'll check what's wrong on our side too.

Could you please post here the IDs of the orders?