Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by The Commissioner, May 16, 2018.

1. .

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2018
  2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

@The Commissioner can you please post your helpdesk ID here so I can investigate why there were no reply within 24 hours?

3. .

4. vasily_bagirov

I am pretty sure average ticket receives a reply in much less than 24 hours (maybe @TheHasagi can give the exact numbers), and I wanted to find out why yours didn't. You are not obliged to provide the ticket ID, of course.

Not sure if I understand this sentence correctly, but we have 1st and 2nd line support. This is a pretty normal practice, as, I'm sure, you are aware of.

5. .

6. vasily_bagirov

@The Commissioner here's a screenshot of the stats screen from our helpdesk console:
    [​IMG]

You can see that the majority of tickets get a reply within 30 minutes, and only a small fraction take more than 5 hours (still most of them are answered in less than 24 hours). I don't know what was in your ticket, but can only guess that you managed to completely puzzle the guys at support...

7. vasily_bagirov

True, there would be more order had we just told everyone who posts on athe forum about a problem "Send a message to support". But it would likely take much more time to resolve that user's issue (well, at least on average) compared to if we reply right here.

8. .

9. vasily_bagirov

I honestly can't tell why, because I don't know what was the ticket about and I'm not even working in support.

Staff turnover is rather high in 1st line support, there are several support engineers who are very competent and can handle 99% of the tickets qucikly and correctly, but there are usually several newish ones, who don't know all the ins and outs yet. Maybe it happened so that your ticket got reviewed by one of these guys? Who knows.

You can tell from the graph above that this is vey much the case for >90% of users who reach for support, I'd say you just got unlucky.

10. .

11. vasily_bagirov

I don't know about that, depends on how long ago it was. There was a period when the average reply time skyrocketed, but things have changed for the better drastically since then. I know it's kind of a crappy argument, but having low response time is in our best interest too, so were things generally as bad as in your specific case, it would be very alarming.

12. .

13. vasily_bagirov

Again, there were times when the average response time was much much higher, close to 24 hours (and if we talk about 4+ years ago, maybe even more than that). Right now it is not, at least for all I know.

14. .

15. .

16. vasily_bagirov

They are the 1st line support, what did you expect? They are expected to give simple solutions to typical problems, which are 90+ per cent of all support tickets. They should have, however, given you a quciker response that your ticket is being reviewed and escalate it to the 2nd line.

That's bad, I agree.

17. .

18. vasily_bagirov

@The Commissioner there's no option to delete all your content. We can only delete your account.