50,000 filters exceeded

Skippermark

Hi - I'm running AG in iOS and Mac and recently exceeded the 50,000 filter limit, forcing me to turn off one of the lists I normally ran. Are there any plans to create a workaround for this?

On iOS there's an app that did this by basically having each filter list appear as a contact blocker to the OS, so the ad blocker is one content blocker, spyware another, annoyances another and so on.

Thanks!

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Skippermark we know about this workaround, and chose conciensely to not do it. The reason is, a lot of rules in our filters refer to each other and "work together". When you separate them into several content blockers, they can't do that anymore.

We consider finding a way to divide filters into groups that work together, and have them be unified under separate content blockers, e.g. "Privacy protection group", "Anti-annoyance group" etc. This is not decided yet, but is a possible solution.

Skippermark

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate all you and the team at AdGuard do and know you'll come up with a solution. If you end up finding a solution, please consider implementing it for the Mac as well since Safari is limited there as well. Thanks again!