A Better AdGuard...

ShakedBenratzon

Hello,

So I am using AdGuard for 2 years already and it is great product one of it kind so thanks you guys for the hard work !!!

I would like to share my feedback with you about AdGuard and how to make it better and aim for perfection:

1. It is not a secret that AdGuard does not work out so well with Malwarebyte Anti Malware and ESET Smart security I am sure you already know it but this saga is not solve yet.

2. WTP drivers are good but have a lot of problems (bugs and so on...) I remember Avatar said that you are going to update it and to rewrite from the ground up so I hope you did not forget it.

3. Edge extinction will be very welcome addition.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Yeah, they're still working on a WFP driver. Hopefully it does address the compatibility issues with other WFP drivers and antivirus/antimalware programs. I wasn't aware of the Malwarebytes issue - I run the free version on my PC and run weekly scans without issue. As for ESS it should work fine as long as you disable the SSL scan feature. They haven't forgotten. :)

Edge extension will come, as they've been making preparations for porting it to Edge (as seen on the Github tracker).

steve1209

Beta Tester
@ShakedBenratzon,

I have to disagree with you on one of your statements, I run Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium V2.2.1.1043 for which I have a lifetime license and it is fully activated, I run daily scheduled scans and I have no problem with the most current Adguard for Windows v6.0.226.1108 with the WFP network driver activated, can you please explain what problem you are having with it, so I can test it please. I'm also Beta testing Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware V0.9.15.416 and it also has no problems with Adguard WFP network driver either that I can find...

ShakedBenratzon

@ShakedBenratzon,

I have to disagree with you on one of your statements, I run Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium V2.2.1.1043 for which I have a lifetime license and it is fully activated, I run daily scheduled scans and I have no problem with the most current Adguard for Windows v6.0.226.1108 with the WFP network driver activated, can you please explain what problem you are having with it, so I can test it please. I'm also Beta testing Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware V0.9.15.416 and it also has no problems with Adguard WFP network driver either that I can find...
Malware byte should guard me from unsafe website and such on... but when AdGuard run it does not do so... I do not have an example right now I will need to check tomorrow and I will give you a link but anyway only AdGuard alert me for unsafe websites and if Malwarebyte do so... it is a false alert

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Adguard has it's own browsing security feature which seems to be clashing with Malwarebytes' feature. If you don't want to use Adguard's browser security feature, just simply disable it in Adguard's settings. :)