Ability to censor license key info

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Windows)' started by andygoh, Oct 10, 2017.

1. andygoh

andygoh New Member

Hi.. please allow the censorship of the license key.. My brother would use my computer sometimes and he always uses my software product key to install on his... I'm losing out always.

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Greetings and welcome!

If you're using the AdGuard for Windows 6.2 beta (that's nearly a final release), it's censored there. Otherwise if you're on AG for Windows 6.1 stable, it'll be censored in the next 6.2 stable release.

3. andygoh

andygoh New Member

Hi Boo Berry the friendly ghost. Thanks for the information, I am glad to hear this.

Edit: Erm.. do you know when will the next stable version release?

4. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Hopefully real soon, unless something major pops up that needs addressed.

5. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The release candidate is in the works already, so it shouldnt take longer than a couple of weeks total to release v6.2.

6. andygoh

andygoh New Member

alright!

out of topic: got a new 3 days old android phone and it already blocked 11000 ads/threat/etc. shocked by how much ads are there and was satisfied with adguard .

7. vasily_bagirov

it is possible that one of your apps is in the loop of sending some request that is blocked by AG, it tries to send it again etc. etc. Try looking at the Filtering Log and search for repeating blocked requests.

8. andygoh

andygoh New Member

Is looping bad? Or it will lag? If so what must I do after detecting which app is doing all this?

Another problem I got when using AdGuard on PC... window store kept showing '.....unknown manifest..'

Edit: the 'unknown... manifest...' is called 'unknown layout specified in manifest' now no matter how i disable adguard and reset Win Store.. it just could not load

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 6:01 PM
  9. vasily_bagirov

Looping is bad because it drains your battery much faster. If you spot such behavior by any app, please let us know.

Can you post a screenshot?