Ad Blocking Issue

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Fowler, Jun 25, 2014.

  1. Fowler

    Fowler New Member

    Jun 25, 2014

    I am currently trailing the software (Adguard for Windows) and encountered an issue on where ads would show in search results and adguard assistant wouldn't show on any page in Google. I am using Opera Dev (v 24.0.1537.0) and realised the issue is down to a few flags I had enabled.

    When the following flags are enabled on opera://flags, AdGuard will not block ads on Google

    Experimental QUIC protocol
    HTTPS over experimental QUIC protocol

    I have also tried it on Opera Next and when those flags are enabled and I restart my browser, Adguard stops working on Google. I believe Google Chrome have those flags available but I don't have it installed to test.

    Thought you might like to know.

    Edit: Sorry, meant to post this in the "Technical Support" forum... feel free to move :eek:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
  2. Boo Berry

    Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

    May 30, 2012
    Adguard (probably) doesn't support QUIC, same with SPDY too.
  3. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Oct 26, 2010
    Adguard does not support neither QUIC nor SPDY yet.
    Eventually we will support them (not sure about QUIC, but i am sure about SPDY).
    In Adguard 5.10 we'll add "Alternate-Protocol" HTTP header filtering to force HTTP/S over TCP (disables quic and spdy).