Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Hello!

You need to do the following:
- Check for filter updates
- Clear browser cache
- Check again.

If the issue reproduced again, then please let me know which filters are enabled? Do you use third-party extensions?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Can't reproduce this with AG for Windows.

AG DNS can't filter YouTube ads. If you try to block YouTube ads via DNS (or HOSTS) blocking, you'll break the videos too. Ads and video content are served from the same domain(s).

Pax

Beta Tester
I am getting it too using AG for windows with a license freshly bought 10 minute ago. was previously beta testing for a few years.
NEVER had this prob with the beta.. what gives?
You need to do the following:
- Check for filter updates --- fresh install so all good and updated
- Clear browser cache ---done no difference
- Check again. --- i did and now posting
filters enabled are ADG german, dutch ABPindoi, easylist china,easylist italy,official polish filters for adguard and finland. self promotion is OFF
Extensions adguard assistant, adguard extra, adguard popup blocker.
As I said, rarely did i ever get anything resembling an ad on the beta and that was sorted quick smart by the devs but this seems to not want to bugger off and it's busting my nuts!

btw not being critical or such like. the software is bloody good. it's just perplexing.
what seems to be the case is that thisa banner appears with a close ad choice. and if i close it it closes with the option to open it again.
it's puzzling as this is totally new in my experience

adguardadyoutube.png

Last edited:

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@Pax

You should open the filtering log beforehand to see which filters or settings block the correct uploading of pages to Youtube.
Tell me, have you tried to disable stealth-mode?

Pax

Beta Tester
stealth mode disabled.how do i check the logs??
not something I've ever had to do bud.
cheers for the reply, it's appreciated
edit to add
cleared cache again .
now get this advert
adguardadyoutube2.png

then thought i might as well try a reboot ....well... you never know!..lol)
adguardadyoutube3.png
so now an option to show ad...
Anyway i await your guidance

edit again. it seems kida random whether the show ad is there or the ad itself

Last edited:

Pax

Beta Tester
no mate, just the ones that are in settings. dropped a few from the bottom of the list but apart from that nothing custom bud

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
What browser are you using? I still can't reproduce this at all, but I'd recommend using the AdGuard Base filter and the AdGuard Annoyances filter (if you're not already using them, they're not in your list above).