I am noticing the same issue on S9+. I tried putting Adguard into unmonitored apps inside of the battery app, but after the screen is off the app eventually stops working... Does anyone know what to do to fix this behavior?
Guys, we need your logs to find out what's happening. Here's how to collect them and send to us:
Open AdGuard and go to "Settings".
Choose "Advanced" in the left menu.
Set "Logging level" to "Record everything". It's desirable to close all background apps that don't concern the problem beforehand.
Reproduce the problem and set the logging level back to "Default". Notice the exact time when it happened.
Send us a message from program by choosing "Send Feedback" in the menu. Don't forget to check the "Send detailed system info" checkbox under the text field and to include the timestamp from the step 4 into the message.
Post here you helpdesk ID (it will be inicated in the autoreply) so we can find your support ticket.
Well Im glad that I'm not the only one that has ran into this issue. I thought it was weird that I had ads showing up in places that they wouldnt show up on my LG G6. Looking forward to the update to fix this.
I have experienced the same problem on my GS9+. It works for about 30 minutes and then it suddenly stops blocking the adds, but still runs. Only works again if I uninstall it and installing it again from scratch.
I'm having the same issue! I just got my S9+ today and noticed that Adguard wasn't blocking ads in the browser or in apps. I rebooted and it started working again. I don't know what's going on -- but one thing I did notice in the app logging is that it doesn't seem to catch some apps being loaded. I tried loading my NYTimes app and there were ads. I was pretty annoyed at that then I went into Aguard and noticed when I took at look at the stats for the NYTimes app that zero data had been filtered -- even though I'd been opening and loading articles left and right and refreshing it.
Something is wrong. I resorted to using DNS filtering and it seems to be working fine right now... I'll report back if it stops working. This might be a Samsung thing.
UPDATE: So while DNS filtering works, I noticed that after a while, it just appears to prevent all internet traffic (wifi or 4G) from working on the device. You have to disable it for it to start working but then the ads return -- or you have to reboot. Tried this on the last beta and the latest nightly. Something is wrong with the way adguard is interacting with Samsung Experience 9. The Devs will have to test it on a device to figure it out. Right now, adguard's performance on an S9/S9+ is unacceptable.
I also had a problem with Adguard on my Galaxy S9+ I got from Verizon but my situation was different
I activated my phone late evening on Friday March 16th and it was working fine until some time after 2:34am EST Sunday March 18th. So when I woke Sunday morning I discovered that Adguard blocking almost completely access to the internet. Why am I saying almost because Gmail was unable to retrieve new messages and I was unable to browse websites using current stable version of Chrome. But WhatsApp had no problems receiving messages. Be aware that in addition to other filters including HTTP I also had DNS on and used custom DNScrypt server from the list. Unfortunately you can not set it once and forget so every 8 to 12 hours you have to switch to different server to get access to the internet back. So when I discovered the problem I thought it's just an easy fix of switching to a different server but I found out that turning off the DNS completely is the only solution but you got ads back. So I sent a feedback message and received an auto reply with the link to the forum where I found out that the problem is well known. While reading this thread I found a link to the nightly builds so I followed the link and got version 2.11.55n. After I installed it and rebooted my phone I found out that everything works fine but I didn't try to turn on DNS yet and I didn't check if there are any newer builds available