Adguard 2.0.4 and user accounts

zoot

New Member
Since the Adguard upgrade to 2.0.4 I have an issue with macOS multi users feature (on Mojave 10.14.5):
I have both a personal account and a professional account on my Mac, and I switch to one or the other during the day. Both have the admin status.

Until the Adguard 2.0.4 update everything was running smoothly on both accounts, but now my browsers (Safari, Firefox) are blocking most URLs for "failed secure connection". The only roundabout to get the browsers to work normally is to reset the Adguard settings EACH TIME I switch to the other account.

What is even most upsetting is that I paid for an Adguard license just 5 days ago.

All my security settings are the Adguard default settings.
 

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
@zoot

Good day and thanks for contacting!
Please try to reinstall the app with advanced instruction.
Then install on the primary account, then on the secondary and try again.
 

zoot

New Member
@zoot

Good day and thanks for contacting!
Please try to reinstall the app with advanced instruction.
Then install on the primary account, then on the secondary and try again.
Thanks for the reply @zoot ...unfortunately nothing has changed, even after reinstalling Adguard with your advanced instruction.

I'm still flooded with this type of messages:
Safari Canʼt Open the Page.
Safari canʼt open the page “https://forum.adguard.com” because Safari canʼt establish a secure connection to the server “forum.adguard.com”.

And again, the only solution is to reset the Adguard settings each time I switch from one user account to the other. That is very frustrating.


When you say "Then install on the primary account, then on the secondary and try again.", you don't mean I should install 2 copies of Adguard on the computer, right?
 

RPSM

New Member
This worked! If I updated with nightly, will it stay in nightly, and if so how do I move back to normal updates?
 

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
So far it is difficult to orient you regarding the next release version.
 

NeoVg

New Member
Similar problem here. Every now end then, the first request to a previously unvisited domain fails because Safari cannot establish a secure connection. Normally it works on the second try, but for some domains it won't work until I disable AdGuard, load the page and enable AdGuard again. One of those domains is btw this one here / forum.adguard.com ;)

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-06 um 21.03.56.png

I further noticed:

- It happens on domains with normal certificates as well as on domains with EV certificate
- It already happened on all my PCs (real Macs and Hackintoshes) as well as different minor and major macOS versions up to the current 10.15.1
- It happened with several versions of AdGuard, including the most recent 2.2.3.661

My educated guess as a software developer would be problem in the TLS handshake, maybe a compatibility issue with certain web server settings. Unfortunately it is VERY difficult to reproduce. :-/
 
Top