AdGuard 3.5 YouTube Ads

Joachim

AdGuard 3.5 (63)
Android 9

After updating from the previous version I suddenly see ads in Youtube (app).
Do I need to add a filter?

Thank you for your help :)

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Official YouTube app is not fixable. Please try YouTube Vanced.

Joachim

Could you please give me a link to 3.4? I'm really sure I did not have thee ads before 3.5, but I would like to test that
I use a licensed version of adguard ( I use several licensed versions on different devices, so I can test the same apps and sites with 3.4 and 3.5)

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
AdGuard for Android can't filter/remove ads from the YouTube app - it hasn't for years now (it's been nearly 4 years since I posted that topic!). Downgrading to 3.4 won't 'fix' it either, AdGuard for Android simply can't filter/remove ads from the YouTube app. You must've been one of the lucky ones where Google didn't push out YouTube app ads to for whatever reason, well, until now that is. The only workarounds are 1) use a modded YouTube app like YouTube Vanced or a third-party app like NewPipe, 2) watch YouTube in a web browser or 3) get a YouTube Premium subscription.

Look at this topic I posted nearly 4 years ago, it explains the situation: https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/youtube-app-ads-read-this-first.18796/

If I were you, I'd look into YouTube Vanced like @Blaz mentioned, that's one of the only ways to have a ad-free YouTube app on Android.

Joachim

Since I see ads also on many websites since 3.5 I still would appreciate a link to 3.4

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Since you're having issues, you might need to uninstall AdGuard for Android and reinstall it cleanly.