AdGuard 5.10.2010.6262 Problems

Kool

New Member
That is important. Internet Download manager does intercept all browsers traffic so it can be a compatibility issue.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Could you specify IDM version?
IDM 6.23.10 latest version, but its been update every week recently . I don't think its IDM though causing the issue .
 

avatar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IDM 6.23.10 latest version, but its been update every week recently . I don't think its IDM though causing the issue .
Could you please try uninstalling it temporary?

We'll try to test it today also.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

We've test it (IE+IDM+Symantec).

Just after browser startup first google link is opened very slowly (15-20 seconds). After this it continues to work normally.

I suspect that it is the same bug but for some reason IE is not locked up completely, it just becomes slow.
 

Kool

New Member
Could you please try uninstalling it temporary?

We'll try to test it today also.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

We've test it (IE+IDM+Symantec).

Just after browser startup first google link is opened very slowly (15-20 seconds). After this it continues to work normally.

I suspect that it is the same bug but for some reason IE is not locked up completely, it just becomes slow.
I will uninstall IDM and update Adguard tomorrow for you . 15th April . Always glad to help .
 

Kool

New Member
Could you please try uninstalling it temporary?

We'll try to test it today also.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

We've test it (IE+IDM+Symantec).

Just after browser startup first google link is opened very slowly (15-20 seconds). After this it continues to work normally.

I suspect that it is the same bug but for some reason IE is not locked up completely, it just becomes slow.
Hi avatar
Have uninstalled IDM using my logged uninstaller to completely remove . Rebooted and installed the latest Adguard and the problem seems to be fixed ;)
But of course I am now without IDM which I use an awful lot .
Now that you know ........ do you think a possible fix is on the cards ? Just to add .... its not the IDM browser extensions that are problematic, its something deeper !
Thank you
Col
 
Last edited by a moderator:

avatar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi avatar
Have uninstalled IDM using my logged uninstaller to completely remove . Rebooted and installed the latest Adguard and the problem seems to be fixed ;)
But of course I am now without IDM which I use an awful lot .
Now that you know ........ do you think a possible fix is on the cards ? Just to add .... its not the IDM browser extensions that are problematic, its something deeper !
Thank you
Col
At least we now know what causes it:)

First we'll do some experiments with IDM and AG settings, maybe we'll find an easy way to fix this.
 

Kool

New Member
At least we now know what causes it:)

First we'll do some experiments with IDM and AG settings, maybe we'll find an easy way to fix this.
That would be great . I also notified the creator of IDM to make him aware to. Hope you'll post back in this thread if you find any solutions . Thanks so much , Col
 

Kool

New Member
Not yet, the guy who was researching it is on vacations now, sorry for this:(

Has anybody from IDM answered?
Yes , but not much help ... explained the problem and all I got was "disable extension" and a how to guide . So gave up on them for help !
 

avatar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes , but not much help ... explained the problem and all I got was "disable extension" and a how to guide . So gave up on them for help !
That's bad. I've just asked one of our developers to take a look at this conflict. Hope he'll help.
 

Kool

New Member
As a temporary work around ... I found that adding @@||google.co.uk$document to exceptions ( full site) seems to work .
Will let you know how that goes...
 

avatar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As a temporary work around ... I found that adding @@||google.co.uk$document to exceptions ( full site) seems to work .
Will let you know how that goes...
Aaa, so that means I have got it all wrong. We were looking for driver-level incompatibilities but that means the issue is not so bad.

Could you please check this rule instead:
Code:
@@||google.co.uk$jsinject
 

Kool

New Member
Aaa, so that means I have got it all wrong. We were looking for driver-level incompatibilities but that means the issue is not so bad.

Could you please check this rule instead:
Code:
@@||google.co.uk$jsinject
Hi Avatar
The rule I added works fine , I would try the one you created but have no idea how to add it ! Can you show me please . :rolleyes:

OK.. think I did it , I edited the old google rule and pasted yours in , will check it now for a while.

..........................
2 Hours later ..
OK ... yes that works well to . :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:

avatar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Avatar
The rule I added works fine , I would try the one you created but have no idea how to add it ! Can you show me please . :rolleyes:

OK.. think I did it , I edited the old google rule and pasted yours in , will check it now for a while.

..........................
2 Hours later ..
OK ... yes that works well to . :D
Something is wrong either with JS filters or with Adguard extensions and IDM.
Now when we have narrowed this issue we'll be able to fix.

Thank you very much!
 

Kool

New Member
Something is wrong either with JS filters or with Adguard extensions and IDM.
Now when we have narrowed this issue we'll be able to fix.

Thank you very much!
And thank you for caring , was bugging me so much I tried everything I could think of .. finally adding the exception worked :D
 
Top