AdGuard 5.10.2016.6286 and ad blocker browser addons

l0rdraiden

Beta Tester
I have chrome with ublock and ghostery.

If I open IE or chrome with incognito mode adguard is working because the ads are blocked, I can't see them, but in the normal chrome session with ublock and ghostery I can still see how they are blocking or at least reporting the blocked ads like if adguard were not working.

Is this normal? shouldn't adguard kill the ads before they reach the browser therefore ublock and ghostery shouldn't see them?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
uBlock and Ghostery might conflict with Adguard's ability to filter ads. Try disabling both and see if ads are filtered then.

l0rdraiden

Beta Tester
uBlock and Ghostery might conflict with Adguard's ability to filter ads. Try disabling both and see if ads are filtered then.
I will try later in my home computer, but how browsers addons are going to interfere if adguard (for windows) is suppose to block the ads before the information reaches the computer, so in this way saves traffic?
The filtering happens at a different stage I don't understand how it can be affected.
The point of having ublock and ghostery ON was to check how much Adguard doesn't filter, since there are beacons, hidden ads.... that can't be seen.

On the other hand when the beta test of Adguard 6 will start? I have tried to find information about the new features and changes but I found nothing? is there something in the forums?

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I will try later in my home computer, but how browsers addons are going to interfere if adguard (for windows) is suppose to block the ads before the information reaches the computer, so in this way saves traffic?
The filtering happens at a different stage I don't understand how it can be affected.
The point of having ublock and ghostery ON was to check how much Adguard doesn't filter, since there are beacons, hidden ads.... that can't be seen.
I must ask you about filters you are subscribed to. It is possible that you, for example, don't have Spyware filter enabled, and Ghostery blocks a lot of elements that otherwise would be blocked by it. The other note is that not all rules are executed before the page is loaded to browser. If you look closely, you may notice that some elements are listed as blocked both by Adguard and ublock/Ghostery. So if something appears on other blocker, it doesn't necessary mean that it was skipped by Adguard.

On the other hand when the beta test of Adguard 6 will start? I have tried to find information about the new features and changes but I found nothing? is there something in the forums?
Can't tell you the exact date. We hope to launch it before summer, but can't make any promises.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have chrome with ublock and ghostery.

If I open IE or chrome with incognito mode adguard is working because the ads are blocked, I can't see them, but in the normal chrome session with ublock and ghostery I can still see how they are blocking or at least reporting the blocked ads like if adguard were not working.

Is this normal? shouldn't adguard kill the ads before they reach the browser therefore ublock and ghostery shouldn't see them?
Oh that is simple.

AG works on the network level, browser extensions - on browser level.
So they block requests before they reach network level.