AdGuard 5.10 beta version release

Discussion in 'Release Notes (Beta Versions)' started by avatar, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Rian

Rian Beta Tester

Okey checked again it uses much less.......... 42.3 MB..... Thanks for clarifying :)
    Also i need to report an issue i have been having since i installed AdGuard (not just beta)....it just happens randomly.... sometimes when i try to open a webpage it doesnt load (i will see a blank page) when i reload everything is fine....... i am waiting for my proof .... i will get you when it happens again.....

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Don't know where to post this, but here's some useful rules I made while running Chrome with an Android user agent (to spoof mobile);

||google_ads_iframe*
    ||google_ads_frame*

3. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Thanks!
    What do they block?

4. Boo Berry

Mobile ads, actually. :p

5. streetwolf

streetwolf Beta Tester

Don't mean to be a pain in the a$$, any idea when 5.10 will be released to the world?

6. Boo Berry

Reading the Russian sections (Google Translate in Chrome FTW!) there should be another 5.10 beta this week.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  7. streetwolf

streetwolf Beta Tester

Thanks BB.

8. Boo Berry

You're welcome! :)

9. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Any news on 5.10 being released avatar?

Mostly after the subscription lists, not that i have many issues but will help those that want them most.

10. avatar

Next beta will be in the end of this week.
    Filters subscriptions is one of new features in it.

11. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Thanks avatar =)

Yes i read it on the road map, be interesting to see how it all works and to see what organisation canbe done =)

12. Boo Berry

You guys might want to check out the Google Chrome 37 64-bit dev channel builds. Yes, I'm aware they're developer builds but I'm noticing sometimes that either filtering will completely fail (forcing me to restart the PC) and/or YouTube Center isn't being injected to the webpages. Other browsers, including Chromium 38 64-bit seems to be working fine.

Hopefully it's just an issue in Chrome that'll get fixed. Once 37 (and 64-bit builds hopefully) hits beta, I'll keep watching out for issues like these.

13. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

Hey Boo Berry,

I switched to Chrome Dev Version 37.0.2062.3 dev-m (64-bit) and haven't had any problems at all, can you give a site that completely fails or causes you to restart your computer, no such problems on Win 7 SP1 X64 for me!

14. Boo Berry

The problem isn't specific sites. It's just sometimes Adguard isn't filtering x64 Chrome.exe at all forcing me to either restart the browser, disable/re-enable filtering, disable/re-enable Chrome filtering, rebooting, etc. Very odd indeed. Of course, I'm using the WFP driver with KIS 2015 TR so there's a possibility an incompatibility exists.

15. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

Hey BB,

I'm using the WFP driver as well and still haven't encountered a problem Win 7 X64, I'm using Avira Free V2014 A/V which just came out of Beta, EMSISoft Anti Malware Beta V9.0.0.4157 and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Beta 2.0.2.1012

16. Boo Berry

Hmmm. Right now I'm not *too* concerned about it, but I'll keep a lot out just in case (especially if Chrome 37 x64 gets pushed to the beta phase). I'm hoping it's just a dev build-specific issue which will be resolved with a future dev build. Worst case, however, would be the KIS incompatibility rearing its ugly head in a new way. Time will tell indeed.

Also avatar, will the next beta fix the Adguard extension in Firefox not being updatable from your servers while Adguard for Windows is actively filtering? :p

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Ahh, noticed something important. It seems to be only SSL sites that fail to be filtered - HTTP filtering is fine. Sounds familiar, no? I can tell SSL filtering is failing because I have the Chrome extension installed for integration/Assistant purposes - HTTP sites display all while SSL sites display no count at all and ads show. That leads me to the following potential conclusions;

- There's a SSL filtering bug when filtering 64-bit Chrome processes.
    - There's an incompatibility with KIS 2015 TR and Adguard's WFP driver.
    - There's a bug or a change which breaks this, hence causing this issue in the current 64-bit dev build of Google Chrome - Chromium builds seem to be fine however Chromium hasn't been updated for a week so I'll have to wait and see on this one.

It could be a combination of multiple factors too, not honestly sure. More testing will be conducted. What I'm going to do next? Switch to the TDI driver and try to reproduce it there.

17. avatar

Of course:)

What for Chrome x64, we'll wait until beta-version stage. It's too early right now.

18. streetwolf

streetwolf Beta Tester

I guess it's fair to say that the next 5.10 beta has been delayed? Is there an new ETA?

19. marke68

marke68 Beta Tester

I must admit i'm the same,other than the odd jump in memory use which has always rectified itself i've found nothing worthy of reporting.:)

20. avatar

Monday I hope. Sorry guys, too many bugs this time, it is just not ready to become beta right now.
    I've put aside android version and coding myself to make it ready asap.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Hehe, don't worry, I am pretty sure next beta will have some bugs:)