AdGuard 5.10 second beta version release

Accel

Beta Tester
The same way as Rian? Do you open wilders in palemoon and start opening new tabs?
How many tabs you open before you manage to reproduce it?
nope, i opens my bookmarks. sometime i open 1 tab and manage to produce it. sometime i need to open 10 tabs to be able to produce it. sorry it is a bit random. but it is there

I'll try on wilders

I can't produce it on wilders.

Last edited:

Rian

Beta Tester
was busy today just got home will try the new beta...... i will try to open a page one by one.................

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

This seems to be the best till now... only one or two times loading happened.... i think i am okey with it :) :)

mysteriously

Beta Tester & Translator
I did format recently. I used to browse web using Chrome x86 & Sandboxie. I switched to x64 Chrome now. Sandboxie has many issues with x64 Chrome so I'm forced to browse web outside of sandbox.

1. First thing I've noticed Google.pl uses Adguard certificate. It's normal since I let AdGuard filter https but to be honest I have never saw it when I was browsing inside sandboxie. Maybe I had something broken previously or something was preventing displaying right certificate. I'll investigate this as soon as x64 Chrome start working right way inside Sandboxie.

2. This is weird, I see much less ads since I'm running Chrome outside of Sandboxie.

3. Someone was talking about infinite page loading. Could you please remind me your post with detailed description? I think I have this issue too or something similar. Also worth noticing I never had it inside Sandboxie. I'll check on future Chrome beta releases and will try to find a possible way to reproduce.

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rian

Beta Tester
Today i had another continuous page loading but on status bar it showed transferring data from injections.adguard.com (never had that before maybe its the new change you implemented).....................continuous page loading is rare now :)

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Today i had another continuous page loading but on status bar it showed transferring data from injections.adguard.com (never had that before maybe its the new change you implemented).....................continuous page loading is rare now :)
So the way you've reproduced it before (I mean wilders), does it work now?

Rian

Beta Tester
So the way you've reproduced it before (I mean wilders), does it work now?
i tried to open one page at a time at wilders and continous page loading is very rare but happens sometime...i think its almost ready to be final .... waiting for Accel's reply

Accel

Beta Tester
i tried to open one page at a time at wilders and continous page loading is very rare but happens sometime...i think its almost ready to be final .... waiting for Accel's reply
the same as your experience.. it has been rare now...

Rian

Beta Tester
one small bug...... i sometimes get the welcome screen of adguard assistant in the browser......

rickyoh

Beta Tester
-is it by design that there is no rightclick menu when editing a userscript ?
-if you have a single filter in the "User filter" section trying to delete it does not work. if the list has several user filters all will be deletable except the last one.

some thoughts about the user filter section:
-it would be nice to be able to undo a modification either via context menu or keyboard shortcut.
-deleting filters one by one can get tiring if you have a couple being able to shift select or control select filters would be very convenient.
-adding an import from clipboard option would be great especially when trying out many filters that work for one site that filter creation experts have come up with on this forum to test.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd want a "exception for this element" control in the browser overlay to "unblock" only parts of a site.
Better post this in feature requests section.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

-is it by design that there is no rightclick menu when editing a userscript ?
No, just forgot about it. Thank you for reporting it!

-if you have a single filter in the "User filter" section trying to delete it does not work. if the list has several user filters all will be deletable except the last one.
I am not sure if I understand you right. Could you make a screenshot of this issue?

some thoughts about the user filter section:
-it would be nice to be able to undo a modification either via context menu or keyboard shortcut.
-deleting filters one by one can get tiring if you have a couple being able to shift select or control select filters would be very convenient.
-adding an import from clipboard option would be great especially when trying out many filters that work for one site that filter creation experts have come up with on this forum to test.
Added to 6.0 feature requests.

Rian

Beta Tester
Just added the fanboy's annoyances list and got this @ malwaretips....(when i remove that filter everything is back to normal)
Capture.PNG
also you can see adguard assistant welcome screen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Release candidate is ready.

What's new in version 5.10.1152.5901:

* Fixed some minor defects of Web of Trust extension
* Fixed Assistant's bug with selecting complex elements (like those on howtogeeks.com)
* While updating from Adguard 5.9 Adguard migrates some of userscripts (for instance, Youtube Center should be migrated to 5.10 successfully)

streetwolf

Beta Tester
Adguard 5.10.1152.5901 RC1

* Fixed Assistant's bug with selecting complex elements (like those on howtogeeks.com)

Still can't remove the elements I first reported about.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Everything is good on my end.

Could you make a video of this problem?

streetwolf

Beta Tester
**** Edit ****

Got it working!! For reasons I don't remember I added this to my user filter list... @@||howtogeek.com$elemhide. Deleting it makes blocking elements work fine. Sorry.

randomusername

Beta Tester
I just had a weird issue with the last pre-RC beta: The GUI was completely frozen. Filtering worked like a charm but it took me half a minute until the context menu appeared. Closing the UI required me to kill the process. I'll see if I can reproduce it with the RC.