AdGuard 5.10 second beta version release

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Still don't like the circle around the icon. Please add an option to revert back to the old one.
Also the Assistant settings should be also added to the main menu. I guess most users don't even know the Assistant has an additional settings window.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Still don't like the circle around the icon. Please add an option to revert back to the old one.
Also the Assistant settings should be also added to the main menu. I guess most users don't even know the Assistant has an additional settings window.
We understand that (almost) any changes look unpleasant at first (like with Skype updates :) ), and may seem hard to get used to. But we hope user responses will be more benevolent with time. Anyway, it would be wrong to change everything back immediately, some time should pass to get the general users attitude towards new Assistant icon.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Also the Assistant is not localized at all.
With the circle it reminds me somehow of the MAC system and I don't like MAC at all.

Dolfi

Banned
Did you withdraw .6190? My .6188 says it was up to date (though beta key activated) and the post here seems to have been deleted too.

Dolfi

Banned
???

What's up in this forum? Are mods deleting posts at free will or have you implemented (updated to) a bug??
The .6190 post went away, also I just got a mail saying Boo Berry had posted here "Server might be down. Trying to update filters comes back with an error." but when opening the thread there is no such post.

What's wrong here???

edit: BTW, Boo: WebInstaller failed over here too a few minutes ago but suggested to [Download]. Pressing that button it did download setup.exe (but .6188).

Last edited by a moderator:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
What's up in this forum? Are mods deleting posts at free will or have you implemented (updated to) a bug??
The .6190 post went away, also I just got a mail saying Boo Berry had posted here "Server might be down. Trying to update filters comes back with an error." but when opening the thread there is no such post.

What's wrong here???
I deleted it right after posting it. I noticed filter updates failed a few times but finally worked. Maybe there's server issues. Regarding the missing 6190 build, no clue about that one.

EDIT: I see why you think it's missing. You misunderstood, the latest version is 5.10.1190.6188. It's the part in bold that matters here, if it says that you have the latest version - ignore the last 4 numbers.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Not generally, but when they still look like MAC for me, I do.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A new beta for all you beta-testers is out!

A couple of changes are introduced in v.5.10.1192.6197:

• Improved userscripts API
  • Fixed work of popular userscript AdsBypasser with Adguard

EDIT: due to a minor bug with .6197 version there was a quickfix to v.5.10.1192.6200
Changelog stays the same.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I haven't tried Vivaldi yet, but do you guys need to add its executable to the browsers list?

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
In last beta (before todays) I had to manually add it (but it works).
In current browser list it is also not included in this beta.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
One more beta update is available: v.5.10.1194.6206

• Fixed the work of AdsBypasser userscript in Firefox

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice! The only thing I've noticed thus far is the AdsBypasser Configure Settings button on the website doesn't work (yet).
Fixed in the latest beta (5.10.1194.6206)

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

I haven't tried Vivaldi yet, but do you guys need to add its executable to the browsers list?
We'll add it today, thank you for the tip:)