AdGuard 5.10 second beta version release

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's ok, we use synchronous XMLHttpRequest to get/set userscript properties because corresponding GM functions are synchronous.

I've narrowed it down to fixup function in AdsBypasser. Still don't know why it hangs.

---------- Post added at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

One more comment on this: that function does not hang, Firefox hangs if that function was called o_O

---------- Post added 13.02.2015 at 00:33 ---------- Previous post was 12.02.2015 at 23:42 ----------

Seems that delaying execution for 1ms fixes this issue.
Freaking javascript.

---------- Post added at 01:23 ---------- Previous post was at 00:33 ----------

Version 5.10.1196.6219 is available.

It should fix this issue with adsbypasser.

There're some userscripts out there which won't work in Firefox.
The problem is that they use function hoisting which does not work in Firefox: http://statichtml.com/2011/spidermonkey-function-hoisting.html
These userscripts may work in Greasemonkey because of the different execution context.

The list of userscripts incompatible with FF:
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/404-mouseover-popup-image-viewer
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/2926-google-translator-tooltip-expanded

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Interesting. And here I thought Internet Explorer was going to be the only one which could have issues with userscripts. Nonetheless, maybe some kind of disclaimer is needed saying userscripts may not work correctly in some situations is needed?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We'd like to maintain a list of userscripts compatible or partially compatible with Adguard.

---------- Post added at 01:57 ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 ----------

Btw, have you checked the latest beta (5.10.1196) with adsbypasser?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Yes, it's working fine now.

One thing, should the hotkey for the custom menu (shift+M) be changed? I'm finding the menu keeps popping up when trying to capitalize sentences with words starting with M using shift+M while using a script like AdsBypasser. Perhaps shift+alt+M or something like that requiring 3 or 4 key presses?

Last edited by a moderator:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, it's working fine now.

One thing, should the hotkey for the custom menu (shift+M) be changed? I'm finding the menu keeps popping up when trying to capitalize sentences with words starting with M using shift+M while using a script like AdsBypasser. Perhaps shift+alt+M or something like that requiring 3 or 4 key presses?
Guess you're right, Shift+Alt+M is better.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Implemented in Assistant .61

mysteriously

Beta Tester & Translator
Hey guys. Sorry avatar, I've been really busy lately (~1,5 month), I was writing graduation work and preparing for final exam on college.

I like new half-transparent Adguard Assistant icon. Is is not hmm... 'striking' while browsing web && you know where to look for it when you need it ;)

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dear users!

New beta version of Adguard for Windows is released: v.5.10.1198.6223.

• Fixed compatibility issue with Home Media Server, Geforce Experience, Asus Control Center.
  • Probably fixed an issue with tooltip location.

New beta is available for downloading or updating to.

klimek69

Beta Tester
During the update the computer hung itself, a reset helped, while starting an announcement appeared that adguard was updated to the latest version, at the moment everything ok, this problem with the update was only at me.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
During the update the computer hung itself, a reset helped, while starting an announcement appeared that adguard was updated to the latest version, at the moment everything ok, this problem with the update was only at me.
Hopefully it was one-time issue, at least haven't heard about it from other beta testers.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dear users!

Another beta-version release is ready for you to install and test:

Changes introduced in v.5.10.1199.6229:

• Added TLS v1.2 support

A remark about TLS support. You won't see it in ssllabs.com.
Adguard switches to TLS 1.2 in case the server does not support previous TLS version.

• Fixed incompatibility with ZenMate
  • Fixed a bug with short-living keep-alive connections in proxy
  • One more attempt to fix wrong tooltip position

Hope you enjoy it!

kantry123

Beta Tester
The new beta ToolTip Position fixed!!

and thanks a ton for fixing prob with Zenmate!!

regards and will furthur let u know any bugs!!

EDIT >>> The tool tip problem still exists >>see the TOP LEFT CORNER

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
A remark about TLS support. You won't see it in ssllabs.com.
Adguard switches to TLS 1.2 in case the server does not support previous TLS version.
Interesting. Why doesn't it use 1.2 by default with previous versions being the fallback? I'm guessing compatibility reasons but I'd be interested in being able to force 1.2 where possible.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Interesting. Why doesn't it use 1.2 by default with previous versions being the fallback? I'm guessing compatibility reasons but I'd be interested in being able to force 1.2 where possible.
Not all servers support 1.2. If we try to work via 1.2 by default, it could possibly lead to problems in some cases.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's just not the right time to put 1.2 prior to 1.0 and 1.1. It is rare on the server side and we'll work slower if 1.2 will be first.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 27-02-2015 at 11:47 PM ----------

And one more quick fix version: 5.10.2000.6232

* Fixed dependence on injections.adguard.com domain availability
* One more try to fix tooltip position
Now I've tried to use absolute position for the tooltip. Please check it guys.

streetwolf

Beta Tester
Please see my post under Quality Control. The last two betas brought back the problem of the AG icon context menu appearing on my second monitor. Possibly the result of the tooltip problem.

Also, I'm having a problem at weather.com. I am getting information that is hours old for forecasts. I can tell because the times are often hours old. Clearing my cache will fix it for a little while then it comes back. Disabling AG or making weather.com an exception seems to keep things current.

**** Now the hourly forecast says it's from tomorrow. Disabled AG and it started with the current hour/date.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I'm starting to see a few .x files in the SSL temp directory again (YouTube/Google) randomly, which I manually delete. Also, there's .ssl files being created in there now.

deleted

Beta Tester
After installing new version of the beta via downloading setup file and then installing rather than using the inbuilt update function(the later not checked),
It seems Adguard forget the setting to 'Not Start Up at Boot' and creates a boot entry every tym for the GUI to load.