AdGuard 5.10 second beta version release

mysteriously

Beta Tester & Translator
For me and my configuration the 5.10.2000.6232 made tooltip at the bottom of the screen. Previous one was fine, the tooltip was close to the adguard taskbar icon. Maybe this is Win 7 bug?
I'm starting to see a few .x files in the SSL temp directory again (YouTube/Google) randomly, which I manually delete. Also, there's .ssl files being created in there now.
I see 9 *_443_tls1_2.ssl

Last edited by a moderator:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Possibly the result of the tooltip problem.
Unfortunately that's result of me trying to fix tooltip problem:)

Also, I'm having a problem at weather.com. I am getting information that is hours old for forecasts. I can tell because the times are often hours old. Clearing my cache will fix it for a little while then it comes back. Disabling AG or making weather.com an exception seems to keep things current.
Clearly that's a filtering issue, not a program bug. For some reason weather.com cache is broken by Adguard filtering.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I'm starting to see a few .x files in the SSL temp directory again (YouTube/Google) randomly, which I manually delete. Also, there's .ssl files being created in there now.
Thank you, Boo! We'll review the driver's code. Changes in driver are rather huge so this old problem may return.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

After installing new version of the beta via downloading setup file and then installing rather than using the inbuilt update function(the later not checked),
It seems Adguard forget the setting to 'Not Start Up at Boot' and creates a boot entry every tym for the GUI to load.
Can't reproduce, how do you check it?

deleted

Beta Tester
Can't reproduce, how do you check it?
See this Option in the screenshot :

When it is checked, the system tray icon is displayed and AG GUI is loaded with bootup.
If unchecked, the GUI is not loaded with Windows startup.

Now, the issue is : I have disabled/unchecked this option.
But each time a new version releases, the startup entry is created (tray icon loads up and GUI prog can be seen in task Manager as well)
Although when u go to the same setting it will still show disabled/unchecked.
That is it doesnot remember this settings of 'Not starting at boot' after installing new version.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Would be nice if the setup wouldn't always create a desktop shortcut when installing a new version.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That is it doesnot remember this settings of 'Not starting at boot' after installing new version.
Got it now, thank you

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

One more update, version 5.10.2001.6235

Changes:
Should fix @streetwolf issue with context menu
Added logging for tooltip show event

Next time you'll see tooltip in wrong position, please send me the log files from %programdata%\Adguard\Logs\agent

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Yep, it's been happening at random these last few days, mainly on YouTube. I'm going to mess around with it to see if I can force it to happen.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, it's been happening at random these last few days, mainly on YouTube. I'm going to mess around with it to see if I can force it to happen.
Thank you! We will add some logging of exception creation event in the next beta.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Version 5.10.2002.6237 is available.

Changes:
* Added logging for SSL exception creation
* (probably) Fixed an issue with random SSL exception creation

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Thank you. When can we except the software not to create desktop shortcut when the program is already installed and therefore only an update is getting installed?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Not the Adguard software itself, it's probably the installer script that does this and may need modified.

deleted

Beta Tester
Thank you. When can we except the software not to create desktop shortcut when the program is already installed and therefore only an update is getting installed?
Interesting u mention that from the last two update, i don't see it creating a shortcut on my sys atleast. :)
But there were some other things i encountered...like the close firefox button while installing afresh didnot worked....
Also if I m trying to run the setup again(of the same version), it doesnot work...it will say Already install.
However, if u see other programs do allow install over the current version only...no matter even if the version is same as installed.
I suspected that my installation may have had a problem and that's why i wanted to run the setup file over again but it wont allow me.
No matter even if u reboot it wont allow installation of the same ver again if already install

mysteriously

Beta Tester & Translator
I just updated (using Adguard check for updates button) from 5.10.2001.6235 to 5.10.2002.6237 and the desktop shortcut has been created

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I just updated (using Adguard check for updates button) from 5.10.2001.6235 to 5.10.2002.6237 and the desktop shortcut has been created
I am sorry guys, we do not plan to fix that in 5.10.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

New beta version is ready.

Changelog for version 5.10.2003.6240:
* Fixed Adguard's network driver vulnerability
* Fixed an issue with SSL exceptions creation
Now more info about driver vulnerability. A couple of days ago ESET has marked our network driver as "potentially unsafe" with a signature like "Win64/Komodia". We have nothing to do with Komodia so first we thought that it was simply a false positive. We've reported it and started waiting for response.

Today I had a discussion with eset virus analyst and I was surprised because they have really found a vulnerability in our network driver. In some cases a third-party software may intercept control of our network driver and use it for traffic filtering. I don't know any real life example of such software or malware, but in theory - it is possible.

This new beta fixes that vulnerability and we'd like to release it as soon as possible.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I'll test this new build extensively to see if the SSL exception issue pops up again. So far so good though. No .x or .ssl files created in the temp directory thus far.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

I take that back, .ssl files just appeared in the temp directory and now filtering fails on YouTube. I delete the .ssl files then restart Adguard and all's well again.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

I can cause .ssl and .x files to be created by visiting the SSL Labs website. I'll begin logging tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

singularity

Beta Tester
Updated to latest beta after having certain issue with the stable release (as you can see in my tech support post) and now everything seems to work fine.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I take that back, .ssl files just appeared in the temp directory and now filtering fails on YouTube. I delete the .ssl files then restart Adguard and all's well again.
SSL files with or without corresponding .x file?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
One more update. I am sorry for this update frequency, we just want to speed up release.

Changelog:
* Fixed an error with TDI driver update (filtering disappeared until reboot)
* Once more changed criteria for SSL exception automatic creation