AdGuard 5.10 second beta version release

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Regarding this should i add this rule to userfilter to make an exception??
@@||updates.hitmanpro.com$elemhide,content,urlblock,jsinject,jscript
The short version is:
Code:
@@||updates.hitmanpro.com^$document
Also I don't think there is any need in this.

Also i saw this is the log while using Palemoon
Address: http://blocklist.palemoon.org/24.6.2/blocklist.xml
And this is strange. Adguard should not inject content into xml response.
We'll fix it.

Rian

Beta Tester
Great added the code to userfilter also avatar can you look at the issue i have when i search Flipkart... the ad last for a noticeable time before its blocked... Also it only happens in firefox

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is there any difference if you add this rule to the user filter:
Code:
google.co.in#$##tads { visibility: hidden; display: none; height: 0px; }

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Heh, it should not help:)

The problem is that in some cases Firefox decides to apply some CSS rules asynchronously.
I don't understand the logic though.

Could you please test one more rule?
Code:
google.co.in###tads

Rian

Beta Tester
Okey deleted the old rule and added the new rule
This rule is also working :) :) No ads shown :)
Code:
google.co.in###tads

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Okey deleted the old rule and added the new rule
This rule is also working :) :) No ads shown :)
Thank you!:) We'll add these rules to main filters then:

Code:
google.cn,google.by,google.be,google.at,google.ae,google.ca,google.ch,google.cl,google.cn,google.co.id,google.co.in,google.co.jp,google.co.th,google.co.uk,google.co.ve,google.co.za,google.com,google.com.ar,google.com.au,google.com.bd,google.com.br,google.com.co,google.com.eg,google.com.hk,google.com.mx,google.com.my,google.com.ng,google.com.pe,google.com.pe,google.com.ph,google.com.pk,google.com.sa,google.com.sg,google.com.tr,google.com.tw,google.com.ua,google.com.vn,google.de,google.dk,google.es,google.fr,google.gr,google.hu,google.ie,google.it,google.nl,google.no,google.pl,google.ru,google.pt,google.ro,google.rs,google.se,google.sk,google.tn,google.ee,example.com###tads

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Excellent, still working perfectly here.

I can't wait for the Mac beta - I've redone my Hackintosh and installed OS X 10.10 Yosemite Beta 1. :D

streetwolf

Beta Tester
So far I haven't had any problems except the dual monitor context menu problem I've mentioned before. Any progress on that?

Maybe you have these planned already but I'll mention them:

1. Have a hit counter like ABP does.
2. Element Hider is more robust than AG Assistant. Things I can't block with AGA I'm able to do with EH.

btw, is this legit? 46# [Official Giveaway] Adguard (Lifetime Premium Licenses) ~ Giveaway Paradise

Last edited by a moderator:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
2. Element Hider is more robust than AG Assistant. Things I can't block with AGA I'm able to do with EH.
So very true, sadly. I wonder if 6.0 will bring about some improvements in this regard? Like for example blocking some images and Flash applets is a pain to do. Sometimes I do miss the little Block icon on Flash applets that ABP does which helped quite a bit.

xriothhh

Beta Tester
Great release so far, no issues on Cyberfox or Chrome Dev 64-bit

Nonags website even works when usually with all other ad blockers it detects them - but now works even without additional UserScript extensions.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So far I haven't had any problems except the dual monitor context menu problem I've mentioned before. Any progress on that?
We've done a quick research and cannot fix it yet. We should extend logging to understand what's the problem.

Could you please give us some examples of these elements you cannot block with assistant?

streetwolf

Beta Tester
I attached a screenshot of www.howtogeek.com. The red arrows are two areas I can't get rid of with AGA. IMO they should be removed via a filter. When I use AGA to block an element both elements get highlighted as well as an element at the top of the page.

Attachments

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Is it just me or does it seem like images on http://www.theverge.com/ either load very slowly or don't load up at all while filtering is enabled? I have to completely disable protection for them to load up - disabling filters alone doesn't seem to make a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

streetwolf

Beta Tester
Is it just me or does it seem like images on http://www.theverge.com/ either load very slowly or don't load up at all while filtering is enabled? I have to completely disable protection for them to load up - disabling filters alone doesn't seem to make a difference.
It does take a few seconds to load with filters enabled. With filters disabled it loads immediately. I've had intermittent situations on other sites where the beginning of the page is displayed but not the rest. Might not be AG related as I use the inbounds and it might be a Fx problem.

xriothhh

Beta Tester
Everything OK here with Chrome dev 64-bit. But Cyberfox Intel 64-bit does take a few seconds longer.

Rian

Beta Tester
Adguard doesn't seem to auto update ... i was away for 2 days and now its been sometime my system is turned on but still no update yet