AdGuard 6.1 windows 10 Creators chrome 59 high Cpu usage Speedtest

x7007

Hi,

when checking with chrome or any browser with adguard enabled and running the cpu goes to 55%-75% usage.

closing adguard fix the issue, disabling protection is not enough. I tried disabling protections one by one, nothing stop it. maybe reinstall ?

What can I do ?

for example

speed.013.net
http://www.bezeq.co.il/internetandphone/internet/speedtest/
speed.hot.net.il but you won't be able to enter.
speedtest.net

every flash player site that check speed.

It also happens on my laptop with version 6.2 Beta.

It happens in Internet Explorer also on both computers.

Reinstalling 6.1 with the same settings didn't help.

Last edited:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
What is your laptops specifications? Also is it happening on start site of google too?

x7007

Asus G751JT gaming laptop

Intel 4710HQ
16 Gb Ram
970M

it was running well the same time on the desktop. in both computer I have same issue with adguard. it's not limited to one computer. and no it doesn't happen in google only in flash speedtests

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Which antivirus software are you using?
No issue here with i7-4790k.

x7007

ESET 10.1.210.0 Internet Security, I tried to disable the protection and

still the same. it only happens when adguard running, not with ESET 10 running. ESET 10 alone doesn't cause any issues.

ESET 10 is installed on both computers.

I have Adblock Protector List ( Incompatible with Adguard ) but I Disabled it. do I need to delete it ?

I have a long list of filters . But they worked before, maybe some update on one of the filter is causing it ?
I also read to delete Adblocker Killer, so I deleted it , so it's no of concern.

I tried disabling all the Filters, it still happening.

The thing is it's happening on both laptop. so what could cause the issue on both computers at the same time ? it's only when Adguard running, even when it's disabled it's still causing the issue. only when unselected Chrome or Internet Explorer or exiting adguard it works fine or .

With Eset 10 Disabled it's still happening, Eset is not the cause.

Last edited:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I have Adblock Protector List ( Incompatible with Adguard ) but I Disabled it. do I need to delete it ?
A little off-topic, but yes I would remove it (since it automatically redirects to a blank filter).

Otherwise, I can't reproduce the issue either.

x7007

Which antivirus software are you using?
No issue here with i7-4790k.
How much cpu usage does Adguardsvc.exe uses when you run the speedtest on one of the sites for example speed.013.net ?

Adguardsvc.exe just go up to 13-15% cpu usage in the TaskManager Details tab . the Cpu Usage in the Performance goes up to 75% cpu usage from 3% just by running the SpeedTest.. I have no idea what can cause this .. It just started couple days ago. and happens on my laptop which I didn't install anything new at the time. I just ran the speedtest and it happened exactly the same. I tried closing everything , only adguard causing it.

Last edited:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Performance tab showing about 10% CPU usage when it is running and that is not much.

x7007

So no one have an idea what the issue with adguard ? if I'll install it on other computer and it will happen I don't know how it doesn't happen to you.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
It's likely within normal usage, actually. Thinking about it, it sure sounds and looks like it to me (comparing to my own results).

zIBiT

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Adguardsvc.exe just go up to 13-15% CPUusage in the TaskManager Details tab
So no one have an idea what the issue with adguard ?
Hello!

Could you please describe the exact problem you experienced with Adguard? 13-17% CPU usage for Adguardsvc.exe during speed test is normal (and a quite high total load too).

Thanks.

x7007

Hello!

Could you please describe the exact problem you experienced with Adguard? 13-17% CPU usage for Adguardsvc.exe during speed test is normal (and a quite high total load too).

Thanks.
ye, the faster I download if I download at 500 mbit, Adguardsvc.exe takes a lot of CPU . I have Adguard 6.2 beta on laptop and 6.1 on desktop . on the laptop I'm at work getting 100 mbit and the cpu is between 35-40% cpu usage . but it might because of the speed. when at home using adguard 6.1 I'm getting 500 mbit and cpu usage 70-80% . without adguard it's between 40-45% . so adguard takes almost 50% cpu