Moderator + Beta Tester
That's the release build of 7.0. The hotfix build hasn't hit the beta channel yet.
Here’s a fix. You’re not going to like it but here it is anyway:[Windows 7, Chrome, ESET NOD 32]
Have been on a three day trial running the Nightly 7.0.2807.0 using default settings and using Chrome --> the Establishing secure connection website freezes and timeouts were still appearing and I had to disable AG protection to complete the website connections.
I then changed my Filter update check period to 12 hours and I also unchecked Use localhost for injections and I also used localhost for injections but the website freezes and timeouts were still appearing and I had to disable AG protection to complete the connection. I also enabled Use redirect driver mode but that didn't help either.
I uninstalled Ver 7 and reinstalled 6.4.
Chinaski's link above includes it: https://github.com/adguardteam/adguardforwindows/releasesDoes AdGuard have a web page where I can locate and download the 7.1.2817.0 Beta installer file?
I still get the "Something Went Wrong" error with no way to enable protection.@Supersnake
Please use the article on reinstalling the program.
After successful removal, download the installer file by reference and run the installation.
If these manipulations did not have an effect, you should perform the following actions:
1. Press Windows + R on your keyboard. When the Run window opens, type in the following command: "%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts." and press OK or Enter.
2. Windows will display a prompt asking you what program should be used to open the file. Select Notepad and press OK;
3. Check for any records containing "adguard.com". They should look like this:
4. If your Hosts file contains these records, please delete them and press Ctrl+S to save the file.
5. Close Notepad, reboot your PC and check if the issue persists.