AdGuard 7.0.2693.6661 - Network Connectivity Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by actually, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

That's the release build of 7.0. The hotfix build hasn't hit the beta channel yet.

2. The Grouchybeast

The Grouchybeast New Member

@Boo Berry

I have Bitdefender and Malwarebytes installed. I also have the updates set to 12 hours.

3. Supersnake

Supersnake New Member

[Windows 7, Chrome, ESET NOD 32]

Update:
    Have been on a three day trial running the Nightly 7.0.2807.0 using default settings and using Chrome --> the Establishing secure connection website freezes and timeouts were still appearing and I had to disable AG protection to complete the website connections.

I then changed my Filter update check period to 12 hours and I also unchecked Use localhost for injections and I also used localhost for injections but the website freezes and timeouts were still appearing and I had to disable AG protection to complete the connection. I also enabled Use redirect driver mode but that didn't help either.

I uninstalled Ver 7 and reinstalled 6.4.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  4. intr0

intr0 New Member

Here’s a fix. You’re not going to like it but here it is anyway:
    1. Run Linux
    2. Use Firefox

5. Supersnake

Supersnake New Member

Let me think about that :D

intr0 likes this.
  6. Chinaski

Chinaski Support Marine Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Good news everyone! :)
    Beta is coming...

7. Supersnake

Supersnake New Member

I upgraded to 7.1.2817.0 Beta there is no way to Enable Protection.
    Any attempt to Enable Protection generates "Something went wrong. Contact support team".

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  8. Supersnake

Supersnake New Member

111.png 222.png

9. Chinaski

@Supersnake
    Please use the article on reinstalling the program.
    After successful removal, download the installer file by reference and run the installation.

If these manipulations did not have an effect, you should perform the following actions:
    1. Press Windows + R on your keyboard. When the Run window opens, type in the following command: "%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts." and press OK or Enter.
    2. Windows will display a prompt asking you what program should be used to open the file. Select Notepad and press OK;
    3. Check for any records containing "adguard.com". They should look like this:
    127.0.0.1 api.adguard.com
    127.0.0.1 api-b.adguard.com
    127.0.0.1 api-c.adguard.com
    127.0.0.1 api-d.adguard.com
    4. If your Hosts file contains these records, please delete them and press Ctrl+S to save the file.
    5. Close Notepad, reboot your PC and check if the issue persists.

10. PremiumUser

PremiumUser New Member

11. Supersnake

Supersnake New Member

Chinaski,
    I upgraded to the 7.1.2817.0 Beta by right clicking on the "Release Version 7.9.2693.6661" task bar icon and selecting "New Version is Available". When I did that a window opened with the Release Notes for 7.1.28.17.0 and an "Update Tab". I then clicked the "Update Tab" and the update routine completed the update as shown in my screenshots.

--> Does AdGuard have a web page where I can locate and download the 7.1.2817.0 Beta installer file?

Thanks

12. PremiumUser

PremiumUser New Member

Supersnake likes this.
  13. Chinaski

14. Supersnake

Supersnake New Member

15. Supersnake

Supersnake New Member

View attachment 14988
    I still get the "Something Went Wrong" error with no way to enable protection.

Following that article's instructions:
    1. I uninstalled AdGuard via the Windows Control Panel
    2. I then used the AdGuard Uninstall Utility (Standard mode) as a second uninstall routine.
    3. After using the above two methods of uninstall I launched the 7.1.2817.0 Beta installer file obtained from the link you gave me.
    4. The install routine ended with the "Something Went Wrong" error.
    5. I ran the "%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts." command. My hosts file contained no "adguard.com" records. Please see below screenshot.

I have no idea why I should be having this "Something went wrong" issue with the 7.1.2817.0 Beta installer.
    During this past week I have installed the Nightly 7.0.2807.0 and the AdGuard 7.0.2693.6661 Release, and the AdGuard 6.4 versions without any problems.

Will check back tomorrow.

111.png

16. Phonemes

Phonemes Member

Hi,

Thanks for the new version, but I think it doesn't really solve the problem of broken downloads on my system. To test this, I just initiated an MP3 download and manually checked for filter updates while the download was running. The download stalled as soon as Adguard's tray icon turned orange. This is on a Win7 64 system, running Firefox and F-Secure virus scanner. I hope this can be fixed, because this way, I always have to check for updates before starting a download and even then, large downloads over slow connections may still fail.

17. Chinaski

@Supersnake

And as for the version of Windows? Have you installed the latest updates on it?

18. PremiumUser

PremiumUser New Member

Installed the new version 7.1.2817.0_rc, it resolved the blocking issue with my Pale Moon browser (Firefox based).
    Thanks!

19. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

There might be a F-Secure incompatibility, which might make sense since the driver in 7.0 is a new network driver, so these incompatibilities are likely to rear the ugly heads once again.

20. PremiumUser

PremiumUser New Member

I have re-installed my BitDefender Total Security now because AdGuard 7.1 was working great.
    But after reinstallation of BitDefender, AdGuard 7.1 is again blocking all of my web browsers, so I had to uninstall AdGuard again.
    :(