Adguard 7.3 doesn't block anything

DoubleD

I have adguard 7.3 for windows installed. It looks fine, seems to be running, has the icon in the incon tray and says its protecting. It never blocks anything. I've reinstalled it twice, no help. Also, the assistant never comes up anymore. The startup screen shows that is has not blocked anything.

Oddly enough, for testing, I just installed the 3.3 Chrome extension and configured it and it works fine. I set it to send the blocked counts to the full app and nothing but the extension shows its blocking ads correctly. Why did I pay $20? It doesn't work under chrome or edge. I've rebooted, reset to factory defaults and everything, no avail. It seemed to start when I paid for the renewal and got this years license updated.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@DoubleD
Hello there!
The following information needs to be clarified:
- Do you use a VPN?
- Do you use a third-party antivirus or Firewall?
- Is there an AdGuard assistant in the right corner of the screen?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
If all else fails, do a clean uninstall and reinstall of AdGuard for Windows (after doing a settings/filters export, of course). Using the AdGuard uninstall utility probably isn't a bad idea either to do this.

DoubleD

Thanks for the replies.
I dont use a vpn.
I have the Norton Security running and use their firewall.
I also have Malware's antivirus and malware suite runningas a secondary security.
The adguard assistant is not on the screen.

Malwaretook an update recently when i renewed my license, hmmmm last thing changed?

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
You should try to switch-on the FilterLocalhost feature in Advanced settings.
If it doesn't help, switch-off WFP driver in the Network settings, reboot your PC and try again.

DoubleD

Tried both, same results. However, I disabled Malwarebytes and Adguard started to work immediately and added the assistant.

I've removed the adguard chrome extension and reloaded my settings to Adguard after resetting all settings to default and it is still working perfectly. Only question is, what part of Malwarebytes interfere with it. I can turn them back on one at a time and find out.

Thanks again for your help. I'll let you know what I find.

DoubleD

Yep, Malwarebytes..... In Adguard, turned off WFP in network settings after having adguard running, then turned on Malwarebytes again and even with web protection, adguard is running fine and both are running together.

Thanks for all your inputs....

SpeedyPC

You should try to switch-on the FilterLocalhost feature in Advanced settings.
If it doesn't help, switch-off WFP driver in the Network settings, reboot your PC and try again.
What is WFP driver in the AdGuard setting? In case if I have to turn this settings off.