AdGuard 7.4.2 - Ebay slow down

Greecetopher

Its been a bit less than a month since AdGuard is slowing down Ebay search results page on Chrome browser.
The whole website becomes laggy (the scroll down is laggy and the typing in the search bar takes more than half a minute to complete - the whole website becomes unresponsive) when AdGuard (legacy) assistant is active, but if i disable the AdGuard assistant for 30 seconds everything works smoothly again.
Of course if i disable the assistant there is not ad blocking.
The problem appears only in Chrome and only on ebay product search results. I checked Mozilla and there is not any problem there.
I use windows 10, AdGuard is up to date and HTTPS filtering is active. I don't use any VPN.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Not reproduced on my device. Please post url to search where it happens (tried a few random ones, but not reproduced).
Are you using any antivirus programs and which filters are you using?

Greecetopher

This is just an example:
If i press the wheel button (for smooth scrolling) then it gets instantly laggy. After that if i go to type something in the search bar the typed words take around 5 seconds to appear. The problem disappears if i let the website for arround 3 minutes without any action.
I don't use any antivirus (only windows defender) and the active filters on adguard are:
-user rules
-Adguard base filter
-adguard tracking protection filter
-adguard social media filter
-adguard annoyances filter
-adguard German filter
-EasyList China

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Works instantly for me, odd.

Try disabling filters one-by-one then reloading the website (I usually do this by pressing F5) to see if it gets any better. If so, maybe it can be narrowed down to a specific filter list.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please try this rule:
Code:
ebay.com#@?#li.s-item:-abp-has(span:-abp-contains(/S[^P]*?P[^O]*?O[^N]*?N[^S]*?S[^O]*?O[^R]*?R[^E]*?E[^D]*?D/))

Greecetopher

Works instantly for me, odd.

Try disabling filters one-by-one then reloading the website (I usually do this by pressing F5) to see if it gets any better. If so, maybe it can be narrowed down to a specific filter list.
After disabling - enabling the filters the problem became more clear.
The problem appears only when the "Adguard annoyances filter" is active.

Greecetopher

Please try this rule:
Code:
ebay.com#@?#li.s-item:-abp-has(span:-abp-contains(/S[^P]*?P[^O]*?O[^N]*?N[^S]*?S[^O]*?O[^R]*?R[^E]*?E[^D]*?D/))
Thanks for your time!
Just tried it.
Hasn't changed anything.
Problem still persist when the "Adguard annoyances filter" is active.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Annoyances filter is not triggering anything for me when I visit the site.
Is filtering log showing anything for you?

Greecetopher

Annoyances filter is not triggering anything for me when I visit the site.
Is filtering log showing anything for you?
Sorry, i'm a bit confused on how to do this (how to access and read the filtering log).
One more thing i noticed is that when the "Adguard annoyances filter" is active the cpu usage climbs to 100% on ebay search results.
Maybe it has something to do with my machine.
It just feels odd that when the filter is disabled everything is normal.
Thanks for your time!

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Right click on tray icon -> Tools -> filter log
If it is not showing up, then please try these rules:

Code:
ebay.com#@?#div[itemtype="https://schema.org/Product"] div[id^="merch_html_"]:has(> div[id] .mfe-header > h2.mfe-pull-left:contains(Sponsored))
ebay.com#@?#div[itemtype="https://schema.org/Product"] div[id^="merch_html_"]:has(> div[id] h2.mfe-card-group-title:contains(sponsored))
ebay.com#@?#.srp-list > .s-item:has(> div > .s-item__info > a > div[style="display:flex;"] span[role="text"] > span:contains(S) ~ span:contains(P) ~ span:contains(O))
ebay.com#@?##ListViewInner > li.sresult[-ext-has='div.promoted-lv']
ebay.com#@?#ul.mfe-recos > li.mfe-reco-ct[-ext-has='div.mfe-promoted-label']
If it works, please try to disable one rule after each test until you found the problematic one.

Greecetopher

Code:
ebay.com#@?#div[itemtype="https://schema.org/Product"] div[id^="merch_html_"]:has(> div[id] .mfe-header > h2.mfe-pull-left:contains(Sponsored))
ebay.com#@?#div[itemtype="https://schema.org/Product"] div[id^="merch_html_"]:has(> div[id] h2.mfe-card-group-title:contains(sponsored))
ebay.com#@?#.srp-list > .s-item:has(> div > .s-item__info > a > div[style="display:flex;"] span[role="text"] > span:contains(S) ~ span:contains(P) ~ span:contains(O))
If it works, please try to disable one rule after each test until you found the problematic one.
Just saw it.
Annoyances filter is not triggering for me too.
Tracking protection is triggering a lot.
After disabling tracking protection filter the situation got even smoother (to be exact it became seamless).
The problem appears only on ebay search results.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
As I sadly cannot reproduce the issue, you have to try to unblock the requests in filter log for tracking protection until the culprit is found.
Tracking protection filter does not have elemhide/javascript rules for ebay.com, so it looks like some url is falsely blocked.

Greecetopher

Code:
Just tried the rules.
They worked like a charm!
I'm going to disable one by one the rules to find the problematic one
I will edit this post with the results

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
So it looks we have some problematic rules in Annoyances filter and in Tracking Protection filter. Thank you for your patience. I guess the last two rules are causing it.

Greecetopher

So it looks we have some problematic rules in Annoyances filter and in Tracking Protection filter. Thank you for your patience. I guess the last two rules are causing it.
Thanks for your patience too!
There is definitely something going on with the 3rd filter.
Code:
Disabling all other 4 filters (1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th) and having enabled only the 3rd one solves the problem.
Disabling the 3rd one causes the known problem (regardless of which other filters are enabled)
Any combination in which the 3rd filter is enabled solves the problem.
Any combination in which the 3rd filter is disabled causes the problem.
Hope that's clear

Last edited:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
So it is fast even with Tracking Protection filter now?