AdGuard 7 delays start of Kee (Firefox Addon)

Morku

Sorry that I have to report also an issue, too.
I use Keepass as password manager and additional the Addon "Kee" on Firefox to fill Login and password fields.

When my database is open, normally Login and password fields gets a Kee field. But when AdGuard 7 is active... nothing happen. Refresh page also not help.
I have to wait for a longer moment, until Kee is active. When Kee is active, everything is fine and I can always make use of Kee the session.

Why I think, it's AdGuard 7: Because it started to happen after I installed AdGuard 7.
Also: When the issue occur and Kee is not active and I open AdGuard -> Disable it -> Kee gets directly active.
So AdGuard 7 is something holding back.

What could be the issue? Other Firefox Addons works fine directly after start of Firefox. Maybe it has something to do with the plugin keepassrpc to work with the local install of KeePass2.

With AdGuard 6.4, it was no issue.

The issue is also, when Stealth mode is not active (because of the "DuckDuckGo & YouTube" issue).
I also habe the "AdGuard 7.0.2693.6661 - Network Connectivity Problem" issue. I have a little mixed feeling about the release and think about reverting back.

If necessary information are necessary, I will try to provide.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Try opening the filtering log and see if anything is getting blocked while it's loading.

Morku

When I start KeePass2, the Filter-Protokoll start to fill with:

Request URL
http://127.0.0.1:12546/

Status
Bypassed

Process
firefox.exe (4380)

Content type
Other

about 3-4 entrys in one second.
After some more waiting and the Kee symbol is showing up (or fill the Login, Password field), the entrys stops.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Okay, try...

Code:
@@||127.0.0.1:12546$important
And...

Code:
@@||kee.pm/kee-vault-launch-config.json$important
If that doesn't work maybe @Chinaski has better ideas?

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@Morku

I would be very grateful to you if you recorded a short clip with the reproduction of your problem.

Morku

Morku

Hi!

Windows is 1903 Build 18362.175 x64, Firefox 67.0.4 and KeePass is 2.42.1 with german language Plugin and KeePassRPC 1.9.0.0
Kee AddOn is 3.2.7

Morku

The new Advanced setting "Filter localhost" of AdGuard 7.1.2868 Nightly seems to fix the issue :) (if you remove the hook)

Kee starts directly after unlock the KeePass Database. No more 127.0.0.1 spam logs in protocoll.

The default settings seems to be On.

In this case, I would like to know, what is the advantage to filter localhost? In which case, combination it makes sense to filter the localhost trafic?

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
This is an experimental feature. AdGuard filters local connections as before.

I can’t give you more information yet.

Morku

Okay, but what I can say after some more testing, the issue is solved when uncheck this new option and ads are still filtered. So all fine.

Some deeper details about sense and use to filter localhost would be nice anyway. Have a nice day!