Adguard adding text at bottom of browser, never happened before(nightly build).

d0x

Yesterday Adguard updated to 7.4 nightly 7 and a while after i noticed that at the bottom of chrome there would be text that said things like waiting for some adguard url or some other things (screen shot will be included).

If i move my mouse near the text it will switch sides of the screen from left to right and vice versa. Ive never seen this behavior before and im wondering if there is a way to fix it because it never goes away,

For example if im watching a youtube video in fullscreen i can see the text and it will move when the mouse gets near it. On a 38 min video it was there the entire time driving me nuts.

If i open adguard and shut off protection then turn it back on it will go away but only for a shot amount of time.

Logs also attached

Thanks for your help its much appreciated.

Attachments

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Hello there!
Please, try to switch-on Use driver in redirect mode (General > Advanced).
If it does not help, then turn on FilterLocalhost.
No change?

Reactions: d0x

d0x

Hello there!
Please, try to switch-on Use driver in redirect mode (General > Advanced).
If it does not help, then turn on FilterLocalhost.
No change?
I turned both options on and I'm still getting it. It says "waiting for local.adguard.org" and still moves when the mouse is near.

I didn't change any settings after the update to the nightly build except for just now as you suggested.

d0x

Yes it started with the update, never happened before.

I changed that setting and it's still happening but now it says "waiting for injections.adguard.org"

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Are you using the nightly version? If so, random thought, but try disabling the browsing security feature and see if it still happens.

d0x

Are you using the nightly version? If so, random thought, but try disabling the browsing security feature and see if it still happens.
Yes I am, the latest nightly and your suggestion worked.

The issue immediately stopped but isn't that a feature I want to have turned on?

Also some more info, it seems to only happen in chromium based browsers. I tested it on chromium edge and old edge and it didn't happen with old edge. I don't have Firefox installed so I couldn't test it there.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
It's a bug I noticed a week ago in the latest nightly builds, caused by the browsing security feature in AG for Windows.

I haven't had time to report the issue yet unfortunately.

d0x

Do you want me to report it or will you take care of it? Also ty. I generally only visit known safe sites so I'll be fine until it's fixed.

Should I change the other suggested options that I enabled off now?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
You can if you want, sure. They'll probably need debug logs for it.

@Chinaski I can reproduce this in Chrome/Firefox by opening 20+ tabs at the same time, including eBay. The issue is some of the webpages never fully load or only half load (in the case of eBay).

Andrey said there was changes to the browsing security module around nightly 4, which is when I started noticing it. So something's broke somewhere with the feature. :p Just wish I had a little more time to enable debug and log it. Unless somebody else beats me, I'll try to this weekend.

d0x

You can if you want, sure. They'll probably need debug logs for it.

@Chinaski I can reproduce this in Chrome/Firefox by opening 20+ tabs at the same time, including eBay. The issue is some of the webpages never fully load or only half load (in the case of eBay).

Andrey said there was changes to the browsing security module around nightly 4, which is when I started noticing it. So something's broke somewhere with the feature. :p Just wish I had a little more time to enable debug and log it. Unless somebody else beats me, I'll try to this weekend.
If it needs debug logs ill leave it to you. I'm not home but I made regular logs before I left and put them on OneDrive. I won't be back until Sunday.

Should I change the 2 settings that were suggested back to what they originally were?

Firefox

Hello,

I face the same issue with v7.3 (OS: Windows 10 built 1909). The issue persists even after disabling browsing security but the message changes to "waiting for injections.adguard.org".

Webpages take a lot of time, sometimes more than one minute, to load.

The bug is also present in Microsoft Edge (the Chromium based).

Edit: after restarting the browser with browsing protection disabled, the bug disappears. I forgot to mention that with browsing protection enabled feedly.com doesn't load at (after 30 seconds the message "Oops! Feedly failed to load :-(" appears. I have to stop filtering for 30 seconds from Adguard assistant for Feedly to load.

Last edited:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Can't say I didn't notice any issues with 7.3, just 7.4 nightly 4 and above, and if I had to guess this *might* be caused by an antivirus/antimalware software incompatibility. What antivirus/antimalware software are you running?

Nonetheless, you can go into advanced settings (AG's Settings > General > Advanced Settings on the bottom of the page) and toggle the Use redirect driver mode and/or the Filter localhost settings there.

Firefox

I use Norton 360.

I tested the settings you mention, all possible combinations. They make no difference. As soon as I enable browsing security, the issue is back.