AdGuard and AdGuard Assistant works separately in MS Edge

Roland Gorácz

AdGuard Desktop version: 6.4.1739.4753 (Beta)
AdGuard Assistant version: 2.10.11 (Beta)
Microsoft Edge version: 44.18262.1000.0 (Insider Preview)
Operation System: Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 (Insider Preview)

My problem is unlike in other browsers like Chrome and Firefox, in Microsoft Edge, AdGuard Assistant works separately from AdGuard Desktop, like it wouldn't have been installed (it does not work in integration mode).

So as I mentioned, it does work fine in Chrome and Firefox (Developer Edition), but it does not in Microsoft Edge (it does work in Edge too, just separately from the desktop app, not in integration mode).

Georg2006

This is just a quick heads up for users that wish to use the AdGuard Adblocker browser extension in Microsoft Edge as a replacement for the AdGuard Assistant in Integration Mode, that due to technical limitations (e.g. Edge extension API limitations) this is not possible with Edge and AdGuard for Windows.
Integration Mode works with Chrome, Firefox, Opera 15+, Vivaldi and perhaps other Chrome and Firefox based browsers! Integration Mode also doesn't currently work with Apple Safari on Mac with AdGuard for Mac due to similar reasons.
Source:
https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/trying-to-use-adguard-for-windows-edge-adguard-adblocker-extension-in-integration-mode-read-this.19671/

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Yeah, last time I checked integration mode doesn't work in Edge or Safari (yet) with the AG browser extensions. Likely possible for Edge in the future, for Safari I wouldn't hold my breath. You have to wait until Microsoft supports what's needed in their extensions API before integration mode becomes possible.