[*] Adguard and Firefox.

Discussion in 'Missed Ads' started by Bruce Ramsay, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Bruce Ramsay

Bruce Ramsay New Member

Anybody having trouble with Adguard not working properly in Firefox? Mine is blocking comment sections in articles and I don't know if there is a setting to stop this.

2. ram1220

ram1220 New Member

I use the latest version of Firefox but I have not seen this behavior. Sorry.

3. Bruce Ramsay

Bruce Ramsay New Member

I have no trouble with the free version but I also have the paid version which wants to block the comment section of some newspapers. I guess I should have mentioned that in my first posting. Computers are funny but I was hoping someone else had the same problem and had found a fix.

4. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@Bruce Ramsay

Hello!

Please, provide some screenshots with the issue.

5. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus New Member

Not sure if this is related but my user filters don't appear to be doing anything. This is with the free version on Windows 10/Firefox (65.0.2). I think the Adguard add-on updated this morning and things haven't been working since then.

6. Bruce Ramsay

Bruce Ramsay New Member

The screen shots would be blank as Adguard blocks the comment sections so there is nothing but a blank screen where the comments would be. This only happens in the paid version. Free version works fine. Kind of ironic.

7. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@Bruce Ramsay

Please, provide an affected website (for example).

8. Bruce Ramsay

Bruce Ramsay New Member

The Washington Post is the one I notice as I read it everyday. I was told by the Post that there are issues with Firefox but why would the free version work there and not the paid version? The paid version works fine with Chrome and Opera.

9. ag_bug_finder

ag_bug_finder Beta Tester

10. Bruce Ramsay

Bruce Ramsay New Member

Thanks. I thought it was something to do with my computer like it is so many times, but you prove it's an issue with Adguard. I hope they can come up with a fix.

11. TheHasagi

12. Alex302

Alex302 Filters Developer Staff Member Administrator

I can't check with paid version. Free version works fine on my end. Which filters are enabled and please write AdGuard version.

13. Bruce Ramsay

Bruce Ramsay New Member

Something else I've found out. Even with the paid version disabled I can't read the comments in the Washington Post, but as soon as I enable the free version all is well. Sounds like a big conflict between the two or else Firefox has an issue.

14. Alex302

Could you please open filtering log, reproduce an issue and make screenshot?

15. Bruce Ramsay

Bruce Ramsay New Member

Sorry..with the paid version of Adguard I can't even open an article in The Washington Post. Not sure what else I can say. With the free version everything works like it should.

16. Alex302

But the site can't forbid you to open filtreing log and refresh the tab:)
    If you want, I can check it using TeamViewer(tomorrow, 10-23:00 Eastern Europe ).

17. Bruce Ramsay

Bruce Ramsay New Member

I really don't want to continue with this thread. The free version works flawlessly and the paid version stinks and doesn't work at all in The Washington Post. If you come up with a fix or explanation I'd appreciate it but so far I've wasted my money on the paid version.

18. Alex302

Ok, maybe you can add this site to HTTPS exclusions, and it will be filtered by browser extension.
    Is annoyances filter enabled?

19. Bruce Ramsay

Bruce Ramsay New Member

This is what I got from Adguard via e-mail that seems to work. "Please, delete the link from the field for apps exclusion since Washington post is not an app. To add the website to the exclusions please open AdGuard > Settings > Network > HTTPS filtering > exclusions > add the domain and save." I do get all the advertising on this site because it's been excluded but I guess it's worth it to be able to read the newspaper's comment section. Thank you Adguard support team.

20. Alex302

I don't know why the comments are not working on you end.
    We don't even know which filters are enabled.
    If you create report(just click Next-Next...), your AdGuard's config will be added automatically
    upload_2019-3-14_12-11-20.png