Adguard and Netflix App slowdown and freezes

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Windows)' started by prettyclaire, Aug 4, 2018.

1. prettyclaire

prettyclaire New Member

It seems when I run the latest Adguard 6.3 on Windows 10, and use the Netflix Windows 10 App; it seems to freeze a lot. Can anyone reproduce this and confirm for me?

2. gustms

gustms Member

Same here. Netflix app has been freezing a lot for me lately, but did not take the time to test if it was the combination with AdGuard.

Edit: Confirmed. Disabling filtering for Modern UI Hosted Apps in filtered apps fixed it for me.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  3. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Anything in the filtering log when testing this?

4. gustms

gustms Member

Good idea. I left it running for some time, without any problem, and all the traffic looked normal, with just the occasionally log block, by Rule: AdGuard Spyware filter: ||netflix.com^*/logblob. Then closed the filtering log, as I thought the latest update to the app could have fixed it. Some minutes later, the problem is there again. I opened the filtering log to see what was going one, and all the traffic this time were blocked entries to "https://www.netflix.com/api/msl/NFUWA-001-/cadmium/logblob" by that same rule.

What I did then was just add "@@||netflix.com^*/logblob$important,app=WWAHost.exe" to the user filter and netflix got back to work, without even needing to restart it or anything. Therefore, I think the app might be getting crazy without the contact to the log servers.

Will keep this rule for now and see what happens.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  5. Alex302

Alex302 Filters Developer Staff Member Administrator

Hi
    Removed blocking rule.

6. gustms

gustms Member

Thank you, @Alex302

7. prettyclaire

prettyclaire New Member