AdGuard and Youtube: destined to fail?

Do you have problems with Youtube ads?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Morvax

This has been going on, for a lot of time. At first, when I bought the software it blocked all Youtube ads... Then some months ago it started to fail.. and I saw ads on every Youtube video on Chrome for Windows. Then lots of videos stopped on the middle to show ads (yeah, like no ad blocker is installed). I searched for this topic and disabled some Chrome flag per recommendation, and it worked for like two days... Now again. I've been sending reports and the staff says they "can't reproduce the issue", nevertheless lots of people are reporting this.

Now, are we gonna have an answer? Because right now, as awful as it sounds, I need to use uBlock to block my ads (even when they use the same lists).

steve1209

Beta Tester
That video plays perfectly for me, NO AD's with Windows Nightly latest Adguard, with the filters I have listed??? What version Adguard, what operating system? We need more info...

Morvax

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro, latest build
AdGuard: latest stable version
Chrome: latest stable version

TheHasagi

Quality Assurance / Support Commando
Staff member
Administrator
@Morvax

To block such ADS you just need to enable WFP (AdGuard - Settings - Network - Use WFP) driver and re-install the certificate (AdGuard - Settings - Network - Reinstall certificate).

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
If I had to guess a "glimpse into the future", I'd say that eventually YouTube ads will become "unblockable" meaning they'll be embedded in the video themselves and can't be removed without breaking the video. It makes sense for Google to move in that direction, even though they will lose viewers who don't want to pay for a YouTube Premium subscription to remove the ads from videos.

nadav

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro, latest build
AdGuard: latest stable version
Chrome: latest stable version
*off-topic*

That doesn't say anything.

A version is (usually) a number.
"Latest build/vresion" could mean different things to different people at different times.

Windows 10 Pro 1809 x64 (preferable) 17763.107
Adguard 6.4.1814.4903
Chrome 71.0.3578.98