ADguard and youtube missing ads and announcement

demoneye

does adguard remove YouTube ads and announcement ? :confused: coz i didnt success making it do so... can someone light me on that ?

10x:cool:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Well, Adguard does remove video ads but have you tried using the YouTube Center userscript?

Nameless

Beta Tester
Hmm, seems this is the second issue i have run into where adblockplus will stop something that adguard simply will not. If i add ||youtube.com/annotations_ to adblockplus then the annotations are not shown if i add it to adguard it seems to ignore this rule and shows the annotations.

Oh, i do have youtube center installed but remembered i had the above code on my main computer that im on now.

Nameless

Beta Tester
Update, it seems my code of ||youtube.com/annotations_ does work in adguard after all there was a space before my actual filter making it not work thanks avatar for looking into this and making me see my error =)

I will leave youtube center off fora while and see if i can see any ads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm, seems this is the second issue i have run into where adblockplus will stop something that adguard simply will not. If i add ||youtube.com/annotations_ to adblockplus then the annotations are not shown if i add it to adguard it seems to ignore this rule and shows the annotations.
I've checked this rule
Code:
||youtube.com/annotations_
And it works ok. Please check it again (also check that there are no whitespaces at the end of the rule).

Nameless

Beta Tester
I've checked this rule
Code:
||youtube.com/annotations_
And it works ok. Please check it again (also check that there are no whitespaces at the end of the rule).
Already checked it as i said above your post it was my error as i had a space before the filter started.