ADguard and youtube missing ads and announcement

Discussion in 'Missed Ads' started by demoneye, Apr 8, 2014.

1. demoneye

demoneye New Member

does adguard remove YouTube ads and announcement ? :confused: coz i didnt success making it do so... can someone light me on that ?

10x:cool:

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Well, Adguard does remove video ads but have you tried using the YouTube Center userscript?

3. demoneye

demoneye New Member

i know other ways to remove YouTube ads and announcement , plz lets focus on adguard only :)

4. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Hmm, seems this is the second issue i have run into where adblockplus will stop something that adguard simply will not. If i add ||youtube.com/annotations_ to adblockplus then the annotations are not shown if i add it to adguard it seems to ignore this rule and shows the annotations.

Oh, i do have youtube center installed but remembered i had the above code on my main computer that im on now.

5. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Update, it seems my code of ||youtube.com/annotations_ does work in adguard after all there was a space before my actual filter making it not work thanks avatar for looking into this and making me see my error =)

I will leave youtube center off fora while and see if i can see any ads.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  6. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I've checked this rule
    Code:
    ||youtube.com/annotations_
    And it works ok. Please check it again (also check that there are no whitespaces at the end of the rule).

7. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Already checked it as i said above your post it was my error as i had a space before the filter started.