Adguard and Youtube Problem?!

Discussion in 'Technical Support (Adguard for Windows)' started by ro4drunn3r, May 9, 2014.

1. ro4drunn3r

ro4drunn3r New Member

Is it just me or does anybody else do have problems with Adguard on YT? For example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52BOp-wkF1w this Video doesn't load. Without Adguard there is no Problem at all. I even tried to reinstall Adguard. Still the same.

Windows 8.1 Update 1 64bit with IE 11.0.7, ESET NOD32 Antivirus, Windows FW.

2. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Works my end.
    Windows 8.1, Kaspersky Int Sec.
    Filters in use: User, English, Russian, Spyware, Social

Can you post a screen of it not loaded? Might help diagonse what "could"be wrong.

[​IMG]

3. ro4drunn3r

ro4drunn3r New Member

Strange, it worked for me once... but, after some browsing again the same problem. It looks like those videos doesn't load, because there is an ad at the beginning.

btw. Filter i use: User, Russian, English, German and that filter for helpful ads.

Here is a screenshot, it loads the site but the Video doesn't load at all. (IE 11)

adguard2ij9r.jpg

Almost forgot to say, there is no problem at all if i turn off Adguard. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
  4. KiwiKid

KiwiKid Beta Tester

Is this related to the problem with the thumbnails for videos not loading on YouTube? I can't seem to find the thread. It affected IE 11 but not Firefox and does not appear to have been fixed.

Update: Probably not related to the other problem as the link mentioned loads fine both with Firefox and IE11 unless the YouTube Center script I'm using fixes it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
  5. ro4drunn3r

ro4drunn3r New Member

Yep, there is also a problem with thumbnails not loading... :(

6. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Ooops i tested in Chrome.

Anyway just tested in IE and the video still loads my end, the only issue i have with IE is the thumbnail one hasn't ie like got a major flaw at the moment too or have they finally fixed it? Dont know if IE can have extensions etc, but could it be one of them conflicting???

Well best get ready for the day, wish i got some sleep -.-

7. ro4drunn3r

ro4drunn3r New Member

I don't think it's an extensions problem. It worked before. Stopt working since 2 or 3 days. :(

8. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

I have no idea then as its playing my end, i would test your plugins though incase its a pcompatability problem, also check your userscripts if you have any going.

9. ro4drunn3r

ro4drunn3r New Member

No Userscripts here... i'll keep an eye on it. Thanks so far. :)

10. ro4drunn3r

ro4drunn3r New Member

Sooo, me again. Still with the same issue.
    I did some research and found something. When i try to play a Video on YT, and there is an AD at the beginning, the side won't load because of Adguard. Now, if i right klick and open it in a new window it shows me it can't load this site https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com.
    It must be an issue with adguard blocking ads at the beginning of YT Videos... :(

adguard8ca1t.jpg

11. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Interesting. I'll try to reproduce this - what filter lists are you using? One workaround I heard was using the YouTube Center userscript as an extension in Adguard.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Okay, confirmed. I deleted IE's cache and cookies and disabled YouTube Center and all videos are black when Adguard's enabled with just the English filter enabled. I can confirm the following issues;

1) Thumbnails for videos on the YouTube homepage http://www.youtube.com and https://www.youtube.com don't appear when using IE11 with Adguard enabled.
    2) Flash videos will not loaded at all - they're just black implying Flash is being blocked.

However I haven't found any videos with ads yet so I can't confirm that. Any links?

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

And I found another issue with IE11 + Adguard + YouTube.

- If you log into a YouTube account (Google+ account in this case) and go to https://www.youtube.com (SSL default when logged in) the upper top right buttons don't work (settings button, alerts, name/avatar menu, etc.) when Adguard's filtering is enabled.

The good news is, it might be a filtration issue - with all filters disabled (just English was enabled) with Adguard's filtering enabled, it works fine.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
  12. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Just checked IE again myself videos are now playing rather than a black video though i always got around that by refreshing the page anyway. Thumbnails are still blank though so imguessing there was a filter update sometime, guess others can check just incease soemthing going on my end.

Oh on pc i ran ccleaner and dont have any extensions for IE.

13. ro4drunn3r

ro4drunn3r New Member

Boo Berry thank you so much for looking at it. Nice to know i am not the only one who has this Problem.

What filters i use: Custom Filter, German Filter, English and Russian Filter.

Is there an developer reading this, or do i need to write to the Support?

14. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

avatar will see the post in time and respond, have you check ie toady though ive chceked it on two computers and the videos have played.

have not tested logging into youtube, as i dont like ie myself and dont know my google password lol

15. Boo Berry

Check again. I've tested it a few times this morning and it seems to be working fine now after Avatar updated the filters.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
  16. ro4drunn3r

ro4drunn3r New Member

I did, Thumbnails are loading now. But videos with a german Ad at the beginning still don't load. So maybe you can fix that too?!? :D

Thank you so far for your help!

17. Boo Berry

Got a link?

18. ro4drunn3r

ro4drunn3r New Member

19. Boo Berry

Hmmm, I can't reproduce it. Can anyone else?

One thing you can try to find the issue is disabling filter lists one-by-one. Narrowing the list down to a specific filter causing it would greatly help, if possible.

20. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Video loaded my end without issues.