AdGuard and Youtube Problem?!

ro4drunn3r

Boo, found out it must be the English Filter. Deactivated one by one and without the English Filter it works fine (with Ad of course).

Nameless

Beta Tester
Try checking for an update, im using english filter and have no issues. No black screens or ads, maybe it a location issue but unlikely.

I get a video of a woman walking in and a man reading paper.

ro4drunn3r

Yeah, some Comedy. ;)
Hmmm.... it is really frustrating. I will try this weekend something and let u guys know. Thank you for your patience.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Interesting topic there, hmmmm. So it seems the problematic URL is pagead2.googlesyndication.com and it causes the crashes. The problem with whitelisting that domain is, it'd probably allow ads on YouTube to show through. Nonetheless, you can try adding this filter rule to your user filter and see if it helps;

Code:
@@pagead2.googlesyndication.com$domain=youtube.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi guys! Sorry that I am so slow nowadays, lot's of work to do, we're missing all deadlines with Firefox and Android:(.

I've tried to reproduce the issue we're talking about but I can't.

So if somebody still can reproduce it, please help me:)

Does this rule (@@pagead2.googlesyndication.com$domain=youtube.com) really help?

Nameless

Beta Tester
@roadrunner, thanks! Yes i did that years ago, but there were two other possible solutions i think i saw (might not of worked for some), but just saves us and devs time you see.

@avatar, android deadline? You porting over to that too???